Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WIFI Apple or Android Carplay

1qazwsx4

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB commodore sedan RS
i suspect it will just be a variant of screen mirroring, typically they are a bit laggy and can have audio lip sync.
Could be, once Google realease their official "coolwalk" android auto I'd say a few things may change. Perhaps there will end up being an app that can turn a dummy phone into a similar device that gets left plugged in and becomes a mirror/aawireless host

iZ_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais ZB Tourer
I've got my AAWireless and it works pretty well, but it's not perfect. Sometimes the audio just cuts for a very brief moment. Maybe 10-15ms. Quick, but noticeable.
Thought audio would go through Bluetooth tho..

Paul Smedley

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY23 Tesla Model 3 RWD, MY23 Tesla Model Y RWD
I've got my AAWireless and it works pretty well, but it's not perfect. Sometimes the audio just cuts for a very brief moment. Maybe 10-15ms. Quick, but noticeable.
Thought audio would go through Bluetooth tho..
What firmware are you running? Newer ones let you change the WIFI channel - channel 149 avoids some dropouts for me.

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
What's the consensus as to which Android Auto wireless dongle is best? Motorola MA1, Indiegogo AAWireless, Carsifi, Ottocast U2-X, or something else?

iZ_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais ZB Tourer
What's the consensus as to which Android Auto wireless dongle is best? Motorola MA1, Indiegogo AAWireless, Carsifi, Ottocast U2-X, or something else?
As far as I know, the only 2 decent options are the Motorola MA1 and AAWireless. But good luck finding the MA1 to buy.
Advantage of the AAWireless is that the firmware can be updated, meaning new features and fixes are a possibility.
I've got an AAWireless and so far I'm happy with it!

Cheers

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
As far as I know, the only 2 decent options are the Motorola MA1 and AAWireless. But good luck finding the MA1 to buy.
Advantage of the AAWireless is that the firmware can be updated, meaning new features and fixes are a possibility.
I've got an AAWireless and so far I'm happy with it!

Cheers
Thanks, I was leaning the AAWireless way. It seems to have more positive reviews than any of the others. No one seems to have replaced their AAWireless with any if the other options yet you read about people swapping to AAWireless and being more than happy.

1qazwsx4

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB commodore sedan RS
AAwireless will have long term ongoing support and new features plus mods for rooted devices. Hands down the one to go for

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
i cant really comment on the other options because i have not tried them but the aawireless that i have is flawless with the zb.
it was a little touch and go at the start but the firmware updates have resolved everything.
device switching works fine and the is no lipsync with my media player playing videos so it is not "laggy"

overall i am glad i purchased it and i would 100% buy another if i had another android auto vehicle.

i still need to get around to making a cable+hub mod to have the aawireless under the dash and free up the center console port for a usb stick/phone charge cable.

robdre09

Reaction score
Members Ride
2018 RS ZB V6
Is there anyone in Adelaide who has been able to get there AAwireless dongle to work.
I have had mine since Jan 22 and still cannot get it to connect. Has anyone got some detailed instructions to get this going.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Is there anyone in Adelaide who has been able to get there AAwireless dongle to work.
I have had mine since Jan 22 and still cannot get it to connect. Has anyone got some detailed instructions to get this going.

make sure you have an android 9 or higher phone with the latest android auto installed

you plug the AAwireless into the port in the console then use your phone and pair to it via bluetooth, mine shows up as "AAWireless-Wlkbkbvn"

once paired you should start to see stuff pop up on the phone about android auto.
you might also need to go into the android auto settings on the phone and enable wireless
aa.jpg

there is also an app that you can install to update the aawireless firmware and change its settings