Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WildCat Headers

vt s

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s s1
About to get some headers for my vt and wondering if anyone knows or has any experience with wildcat? specifically wildcat cause i can get them much cheaper than other brands...
Thanks

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
I don't have any experience with Wildcat but I can tell you they are made by Genie Headers. Genie seem to have a good name. Go to the Genie website for more info.

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Yes, Wildcat made by Genie, exact same just press bent. It can sometimes give you better performance, especially if you close to stock. Im searching as well now, Genies or Pacies, how much are wildcat by the way ???

vt s

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s s1
can get mine for 289 delivered, correct me if im wrong but for PM i found they were all 500 plus..

SuperSixty6

Alto Rullo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Landcruiser TD
Anyone who has the Wild Cat headers, How low to they hang?

Have heard Pace makers scrape a bit, Which is a bit off putting.

vt s

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s s1
Il let you know, theve been sitting in the workshop for few days now havent had time to put em on lol but will have them done next week after easter.

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Pacemaker quotes i been getting are from $680 to $750. Sometimes the larger ones are cheaper that what some reputable places charge to standard pacies. Genies most are quoting same as Pacemaker, but today got quoted $520 Genies fitted, so i will go them instead and get them ceramic coated to last longer. I was getting quotes of $700 from many places. VX may be slightly dearer for headers it seems, but your Wildcat price is both good and worthit. You guys are located in NSW and Queensland, havent you guys tried Hurricane Headers, meant to be really good as well.

benjamino

needing some more undies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6spd + 7psi
i had wildcat headers on my old v6 vx, with a single 2.5" with a lukey muffler and that had a great sound,
never had any troubles with scraping,
although now i have pacemaker 4into1's on my ls1 and they do scrape over big speed bumps, even when im on standard ride height.
wildcat or pacemaker, i dnt think theres much of a difference.
so id say go for the wildcat headers.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
ive got hurricane's on my wh ls1 and they are really good im happy with them and they dont hang too low either