Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will 20 inch rims fit on vr statesman

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Why in gods name would you want to do that.

I put 19's on mine about 8 years ago and they lasted a day, it just looked so wrong.

20's on a 2nd gen commodore just look like this imo

1972-chevrolet-impala-donk-hits-the-drag-strip-with-ridiculous-30-inch-wheels-159835_1.jpg

Fully sic bro.....

Just heading to the dunny to empty the contents of my stomach after seeing that

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
There is a whole sub-culture around those monstrosities.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I was trying to remember what it was called, thanks for that:confused:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I think the best looking rims on a Commodore is something they came out from the Holden assembly line. I really like VZ Monaro rims on older Commodores.

I even like them on Gen 4s, so much so I might even fit some to my ute.

gluten3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY L67
Looking for suggestions on 20 inch rims on vr 5lt statesman with tyre width and looking to put king low springs
If you want correct rolling radius for VR on 20-inch, you will have not much sidewall. Damaged rims are odds-on. Probably 225/35R20 will fit without rubbing, but you will have to shop around for a brand that has enough load rating in that size. Is this for show-and-shine, or do you want to drive it?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
If you want correct rolling radius for VR on 20-inch, you will have not much sidewall. Damaged rims are odds-on. Probably 225/35R20 will fit without rubbing, but you will have to shop around for a brand that has enough load rating in that size. Is this for show-and-shine, or do you want to drive it?

There is no tyre that has the correct load rating for that size......Also I'm sure the rolling radius of that size is wrong for the car as well

And finally...The Op hasn't been seen since Tuesday....The day after the initial post.....

Does that surprise anyone?

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
And finally...The Op hasn't been seen since Tuesday....The day after the initial post.....
He might be digesting all the useful information he’s been given in the last 16 responses to his question, not!

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
245/30 20 will keep within spec of rolling diameter on pre VE models. There's plenty of load rated options in that size. Offset as always will be the challenge

I don't understand the butt hurt from fly by nights. Scroll on maybe? Either way it puts current dated info into Google. Isn't it the point of a forum?

gluten3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY L67
There is no tyre that has the correct load rating for that size......Also I'm sure the rolling radius of that size is wrong for the car as well
VS Caprice tyre placard says minimum load index 92. Winrun make a tyre with load index 93. But weirdly it has light-commercial tread pattern, not what you expect on low-profile tyres.