Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will a bullbar off a VR/VS fit a VP?

bundybear75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore
I want to fit a bar to my VP but it is hard to find a good looking bar for a VP. Plenty around 2nd hand for VR/VS and VT onwards. I'm not after a B&S 5 post-er!

At the moment Im travelling 1000km a week mostly very early morning or late evening and the wildlife is everywhere.

I've hit two roo's in the last 12 months but have been lucky, one went straight under and the other popped the clips on the bumper and smashed a fog light.

I can modify brackets if necessary but are the chassis similar in shape and width?

Cheers

George

Alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VT SS
yeah vr/s bullbar should be close enough to make it work, i know the k frames from later models fit (vr/vs) which means the chassis width is the same.. so if ur bull bar will bolt on where the front bumper supports bolts too (most bullbars do) you should be fine

vt upwards is a whole new chassis so not similar at all to a vn/p

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
youll either have a big gap where it meets up to the guards, or youll have to get out the angle grinder and make it fit... ;)

bundybear75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore
I want to fit a bar to my VP but it is hard to find a good looking bar for a VP. Plenty around 2nd hand for VR/VS and VT onwards. I'm not after a B&S 5 post-er!

At the moment Im travelling 1000km a week mostly very early morning or late evening and the wildlife is everywhere.

I've hit two roo's in the last 12 months but have been lucky, one went straight under and the other popped the clips on the bumper and smashed a fog light.

I can modify brackets if necessary but are the chassis similar in shape and width?

Cheers

George

VP bullbar.jpg

So it turns out a VS bullbar will fit a VP!

It bolted directly to the bumper mounts on the chassis though I had to carve up the bumper support bracket a bit to fit the bullbar brackets through.

All up I'm happy with how it turned out but I will probably have to source a set of V8 front springs to allow for the extra weight.