Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will a tacho from a L2 fit L3 Cluster

chopsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2/ Original XRGT
Ok i just installed my L3 cluster and my speedo or tacho were not working but after giving the cluster a bit of a whack the speedo works fine now.But my tacho is not working still i'm gonna pull my cluster apart and have a look but if it still dont work can i just put the inside part of the tacho [tachomotor] from a L2 cluster into a L3? are they the same or differant?.I've heard that after about 250 thou on the L3 cluster the speedo and tacho stop working but my L3 cluster has only done 180thou.

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
take it to a speedo shop, where are u located?? if your in melbourne they'res a really good shop in ringwood, its called ringwood speedo's

if it can be fixed, they can fix it... they can also test if the cluster is working, it may not be hte cluster, its happened to me before, turned out to be the wiring loom

Anyway
Ringwood Speedometer service
9874 2260

they tested my cluster for free, but otherwise, i dont think it will fit, as the L3 clustershave a wider spacer for the trip computer