Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

will a ve manual ute diff fit my calais sedan?

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
have searched around and cant find a definite answer, a mate has one for sale out of a ute a 3.45 lsd and id like to buy it and put it in my calais wich is only a 2.92 single pegger but i dont want to buy it if its not guna fit, also does anyone know if theres any thing else i need to do to change it ? is it as simple as bolt out bolt in?

cheers

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
sorry my bad its out of his sedan, i dont know if that matters or not?

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
It will fit whether it's out of a ute, sedan or wagon as long as it's a VE diff.

Do a search in this section for "diff" and you'll find some info on changing it. I found it easier to pay someone as I didn't have access to a hoist or a pit.

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
thanks for the info mate i will have a search soon, how much did it cost u to get it fitted? and who done it for you? cheers

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
have searched around and cant find a definite answer, a mate has one for sale out of a ute a 3.45 lsd and id like to buy it and put it in my calais wich is only a 2.92 single pegger but i dont want to buy it if its not guna fit, also does anyone know if theres any thing else i need to do to change it ? is it as simple as bolt out bolt in?

cheers

The change is quite easy but as stone said, is much easier with a pit or hoist. I put a 3.27 lsd into my calais and a 3.7 into my brothers sportwagon, both were done in half a day. I'm sure there's other ways to do it but we dropped the rear section off the zorst, removed both wheels, removed the suspension arms off the calipers and the shafts just pop out of the diff.

Andrew_Guppz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore International 2009
Im looking at doing the same thing? Does the diff have to be from the same year car? Thanks

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
thanks for the info mate i will have a search soon, how much did it cost u to get it fitted? and who done it for you? cheers
I don't remember how much I paid, sorry. I got my local Tyrepower (who also has a mechanic) to do it. I should have gone to a workshop who deals with VE's more as they can do it with their eyes closed and cheaper.