Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will a VS cruise cable and module fit on run on a VR (v6)?

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
Will a VS cruise cable and module fit on/run on a VR (v6)?

As title states (v6)
will the ecotec CC engine bits compate with the buick?

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
As title states (v6)
will the ecotec CC engine bits compate with the buick?

I don't think so, The throttle brackets are different and the cable is too long and doesn't have the right fitting on the end for the buick. Also you would have to muck around with the wiring side of things.

VSHQ Ute

Daniel
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Yes, Kind of...
I have a VR Cruise control module running on my VS (cost me $20 for the module stalk ect and around $5 for the BCM socket pins), It depends on why you are putting it in as to if its worth doing it.
If you are doing it for the extra functions the VS cruise has then i wouldnt bother.
If the car dosn't have cruise in it already then i wouldnt do it this way, you can get good after market kits for around $300 - there are cheaper ones but remember you get what you pay for.
If you want a challange and want to pull your hair out for a few days then go right ahead. Just make sure that you have schematics of all the circuits you need - including wire colours and plug pin numbers and the relevant parts of the BCM, and a CRO doesnt go astray either.
I have over 10 years experience maintaining and repairing RADAR, environmental telemetry and both satelite and inertial navigation systems and this took me over a week to nut out so unless you hapen to be an auto elec i would probably give it a miss.
That is unless you are like me and happen to be a little nuts and a lot bored...

----------------------------------------------
If its easy its probably not worth doing...

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
the module is the same. the cables are different from memory but u can fit the vr cable to the vs module, the v8 cables are also different