Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

will a vs v6 booster and master fit a vr v8

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
ok this is for a mates car, his got a vr 5l and the booster/master is shot. I have a vs v6 booster and master sitting in the shed here. Are these interchangable???

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
nope. buy a vr unit from wreckers or ebay.
boosters get a bit tricky, as they were same on vn/vp/early vr, then changed for later vr, then changed again for vs on.
think I got that right.....

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
well im 99% sure that the one i have spare is the same as the one in my vp, and the spare i have is out of a vs.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
How couldnt it fit ..they are the same car dimensions wise...the brake lines are in different positions ( front lines to the rear of the cylinder and rear to the front on vs...vise versa on a vr) but you can just bend the lines to suit.
I use a vt booster and master in my vr and it fits ok with some modifications but the majorpart of the install is the repositioning of the brake lines to suit the new cylinder.
The booster for a v8 on a vr is dual diaphram ...not sure what your spare vs one would be but the size would be how you could tell.