Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will a VX calais bumper fit onto a berlina???

HarrisonT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina series 2
Hey guys,
I was thinking about putting a VX calais bumper front and rear onto my VX berlina, will there be any problems with doing it, will my stock headlights be fine
Also if I put on front and rear bumpers will it look weird without having the side skirts aswell?
Thanks heaps

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
I know from when the sign post jumped out in front of my Berlina there were some minor alterations made to the front of the car to allow the replacement bonnet to shut because it came off an Exec, but from what I can tell, Berlina and Calais front bits (under the bonnet) are identical. The headlights are also the same, the only real difference being the Calais has front fog lights, so I can understand why you might want to change the front bumper, and you should have no problem doing so. But the back end has me puzzled. They're exactly the same. I don't see any gain for you exchanging one rear bumper for an identical rear bumper.
Take a look at this picture montage of Calais bits beside Berlina bits and you'll see what I mean about what matches and what doesn't.

Attachments

• bercal.jpg
    bercal.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 177