Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will a VZ front bumper fit on a VY

freefallin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina / VZ SS LS1
I got a VZ bumper laying around in the garage and i want to install it on my VY. Aside from the VZ bumper not having the little curve for the globe on the headlights, would the bumper fit perfectly on a VY. I know the "design" is slightly different...but will it fit without any modifications??

Basically, will the VZ headlights and bumper be a straight swap on my VY?

Cheers!

Last edited:

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
Do a search, this has been covered MANY times.

From this thread: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...s-front-bumper-fit-vy-series-1-executive.html

If you fit a VZ bumper to a VY, the following problems occur,

1. The headlights vary in two spots. The parking light indent is missing, as the Doctor suggests, and the inner angled end of the headlights is different between the two models, so that you will be left with a small gap between the bumper and the headlight on either side of the grille.
2. The VY and VZ grilles are different sizes.
3. The bonnet and the bumper wont match. The VZ has two pronounced ridges running down the bonnet into the bumper. The VY design is completely different and the bonnet pressing won't align with the VZ bumper.
4. It will look like **** because of 1,2 and 3.
5. Yes, you need to change lights, bonnet, grille and bumper completely. Front guards are OK.