Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will a VZ SS front bumper fit a VY Series 1 Executive?

vy_series1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Executive
Hey,

I'm looking at putting a VZ SS front bumper on my VY series 1 executive, does anyone know whether these bolt straight up or do I need to change the headlights, bonnet etc.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
im pretty sure the headlights on a vy are slightly different so they may not match up... its that little parker light i think

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
If you fit a VZ bumper to a VY, the following problems occur,

1. The headlights vary in two spots. The parking light indent is missing, as the Doctor suggests, and the inner angled end of the headlights is different between the two models, so that you will be left with a small gap between the bumper and the headlight on either side of the grille.
2. The VY and VZ grilles are different sizes.
3. The bonnet and the bumper wont match. The VZ has two pronounced ridges running down the bonnet into the bumper. The VY design is completely different and the bonnet pressing won't align with the VZ bumper.
4. It will look like **** because of 1,2 and 3.
5. Yes, you need to change lights, bonnet, grille and bumper completely. Front guards are OK.

vy_series1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Executive
Thanks guys,

Do you know if a VY ss bumper will bolt straight up instead? If so, I think I'll buy one from eBay and get it sprayed.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
yeah the ss bumper should go straight on... unless anyone else knows anything different?? ive got an S so im not sure how similar the exec is to it

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
If the executive headlights have the little tear drop in them, it should fit fine. If they're like the calais lights it wont.

NonStick Squid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS Ute m6, VS Calais
the headlights fit and the bumper will bolt straight up (the vy ss one this is) however the exec grille is different to the s/ss grille