Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will a wh wk wl rooflining fit into a vx?

vxlimtedsportssedan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX LSS
Sizewise, will a wh wk wl statesman/caprice roof lining fit into a vx sedan?
I understand that there is additional components in the roof, but all I need to know is will it fit length wise?

All help is appreciated
Cheers,
vxlimtedsportssedan

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
The Statesmans and Caprices are longer than the sedans, so no, it won't fit lengthwise. It could possibly be trimmed down to size, I don't really know.

DavesCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
Is the interior larger? Or is it the body I thought it was the body

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I reckon you'd be in for a hard time. The roof is considerably different between the WH-L Statesman and VT-Z Commodores from the B pillar back. Just Google rear shots of both and you'll see what I mean.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Is the interior larger? Or is it the body I thought it was the body

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

The interior is larger, I think it's about 6 inches longer from the rear doors back. Heaps more room for the rear passengers.

vxlimtedsportssedan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX LSS
So the rooflining is longer? It doesn't end short and the rear window makes up for the rest?

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
No. The rear window is completely different. The Stato glass and pillar configuration is different from a stock (same vintage) Commodore from the B pillar back. Different wind-ups, quarters and the inclusion of opera windows. Different second half of the outer roof. While they both have trims covering the edges, the shape of these is also different.

I think a trimmer could potentially make one fit, but for less you could just buy the roof-lining out of a VX wreck.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Not gonna happen - all Statos are longer in the interior to make more space for the rear passengers, and as a result the roof, and therefore rooflining are also longer. Been that way since the HQ Statesman. Thats the whole point in having a long wheelbase.

vxlimtedsportssedan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX LSS
I already have the vx roof lining but I just want to know if the a statesman/caprice roof lining is the same length wise or whether ill have to modify it to fit. I am planning a conversion of my car and I will announce and start a thread on the build in a few weeks.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Some advice..
yes the caprice roof is longer than ur vx. No its not as easy as just triming it down. The body is longer, which means the rear grab handles are futher back, these will never line up, possible cut and shut.

In the example of the VS: the caprice roof is longer, but is also narrower. Caprice has trims to cover above the doors, not just relying on the door rubbers to hold its place.

ur best option is to cut the centre roof part out and graft it to ur vx lining.. This is what I am current doing. Do ur ur research and measure both the caprice roof and ur vx roof to know what ur up against.

Good luck :)