Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will Holden fit a CAI to my VZ?

SecretSquirrel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra SX6
Hi guys,
I've been doing a lot of searching on here regarding CAI's.

It seems you can purchase all the parts needed from Holden and it doesn't appear to be a huge job.

My question is, my car (06 VZ Adventra) will be going in for it's 3k service in the next few weeks. Would it be reasonable to ask Holden to fit a CAI to it for me, or would they start bleating on about 'non-standard parts' etc?

I just looked under the bonnet of the car, it looks like a plastic panel would have to be removed in order to fit the intake and personally, I have neither the time nor inclination to do it myself.

Assuming Holden did do it, could I then just get a K&N Panel filter and fit it without any problems?

Any feedback you could give would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Si

Tom04

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S2
they shouldnt have a problem fitting it. may just cost abit more.
yes u could just get an K&N panel filter an fit it in. you just pull out the old filter an put in the new

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
if you do put the panel filter in make sure you put the sticker that says this is not a disposable air filter and check it each time it comes out of holden. OTHERWISE they will change it and chuck it in the bin. basteds.lol