Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

will it power my 600W 12" sub?

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Er... guys just a quick question.

I have this amp sitting in my room for no reason and now I was just wondering if this can power a 600w Clarion 12" subwoofer? Well the amp is 2 x 200W / 1 x 400w.
I know it not gonna be a kickass system but will it work and give it a good thumping bass?
I can't afford another amp due to me saving up for some big performance mods and they are top priority at the moment.

Thanks in advance guys

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Amp Power

Yeh dude, thats plenty of power to run that sub. You do mean it is 600W max right? because its probly only running around 300W continuous. I have a 600W 12" kenwood sub with a 250W kenwood amp and it goes well. Theres also a 600W clarion 12" sub and amp package at autobarn at the moment with only a 200W amp so your amp will definatly have enough power. Have fun with ur stez :D

Genesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E Station Wagon
I'm pretty sure you can use small amps for big subs, it will just limit the output.

At least, that's how I understand it.

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
yeah should be ok. just dont crak it up heaps. read 12voltkings clipping article for more info. he expains it more clearly than i will.
i wouldnt take it that if autobahn uses a 200W amp with a bigger sub to mean its ok to do the same. they just probably have a heap of clarion subs and shitty amps out back that they want to clear before x-mas.