Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will Kia Stinger really flog an SS?

Would you be happier in a KIA?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Commodore V8s are no longer being built so they are simply dead to new car buyers (maybe there are some new old models still on dealer lots for a short while but for all intents they are no more).

And the phrase “the king is dead long live the king” often abbreviated as simple “long live the king” is a proclamation of the new kings rise to power and it’s not a celebration of the old king (as that would be considered treasonous by the new kings forces).

So the question in my mind is not so much whether a new Stinger will flog the last built Aussie Commodore SS but whether some new vehicle will become worthy to be proclaimed the new king.

And since the king is dead, who do we thing will take over the title in the affordable large car performance price segment? Or is it irrelevant as the large car segment has gone the way of the dodo and the new king is an SUV?

For me, if I was looking for a new performance large car, if there are no new Commodore V8s available i’d be test driving the new Stinger. After all what other choices would there be around the $50k mark?

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
The off topic comments make interesting, but useless reading ...… like this post.

Whatif a forum had a daily thread where the Mods could flick all the off topic banter.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
yesterdays drive I saw 2 stingers no mazadores

not a pretty car