Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will Kia Stinger really flog an SS?

Would you be happier in a KIA?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Vy-vz are the last of the interiors i liked QUOTE]

I can't agree with you there mate. VY/Z interiors were ok, from an ergonomical perspective. They looked ok too. Second to the VT though in that body I think. But, quality? Worlds behind a VF. Each to their own but.
QUOTE]

Just to add my 2 cents worth. As 426 Cuda said...each to their own
I like the VU - VZ interior and body style, they have always appealed to me.
I like the VE stance/appearance too but after seeing the interior for the first time, I just didn't like it and it still has no appeal to me to this day. To me it just looked really cheap and plastic and had no style, and the cluster was very plain too. Holden really dropped the ball on the interior in my opinion. I couldn't see myself living with that interior......It was the only reason I didn't buy one.
I like the VF. The body style is really growing on me and the interior shits all over the VE's.
The best looking interior I have ever seen in a commodore has got to be the VF Redline. That interior is very appealing to me, and the instrument cluster is just a work of art.

I honestly don't thing I will ever drive a KIA in any sort of configuration.
I know that I will be having a very long term relationship with my VZ 1 Tonner though :)

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Commodores are going whether we like it or not, whether we blame the Australian Government or GM or Asian manufacturers, Commodores are going. The reality is that Kia's cars have improved a lot over the last 5 years and whether we like it or not cars like the Stinger will be our only non-European, affordable options very soon. Where is GM's RWD option? Exactly, they don't give a **** about Australia. At least Kia is making an attempt.

Each to their own mate. If a Kia is what you decide to spend your money on then so be it.
I'm a traditionalist, so trying to convince me to jump ship into a Kia is completely futile. I would rather catch the bus.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Each to their own mate. If a Kia is what you decide to spend your money on then so be it.
I'm a traditionalist, so trying to convince me to jump ship into a Kia is completely futile. I would rather catch the bus.

You seem to hate Kia and maybe you have a reason but for me personally I'm judging the product they're putting in front of me.

I'll have my Motorsport for a long time and most likely my next car would be an AMG or Porsche. I won't be looking at buying a Kia but I'm pragmatic enough to give them kudos for turning their brand/quality around and giving our market a RWD option. I'm a fundamentally rational person and will always look at the merit of a product proposition.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2

So the obvious question for a traditionalist is "what will you replace your Holden with eventually"?

Can't imagine it's going to be a Euro GM. Colorado? Asian so that's probably out. Camaro? Fine but will it be practical for your needs? Yep, that bus might just be the answer.

Some fun times ahead for the dyed in the wool V8/RWD only fans here.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
So the obvious question for a traditionalist is "what will you replace your Holden with eventually"?

Can't imagine it's going to be a Euro GM. Colorado? Asian so that's probably out. Camaro? Fine but will it be practical for your needs? Yep, that bus might just be the answer.

They are all going to keep them forever Cal.....until forever doesn't mean what we all think it means.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline

I won't be replacing my VF with anything, as I plan to keep it indefinitely.
If I do buy another car alongside it in the future it will most likely be a Colorado.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
twin turbo?

it'd want to be quick.

H

harrop.senator

I'm hoping the chargers and challengers come over. Man i jizzed my pants recently while I was in new zealand and saw a few over there. They're as hot in persin as in pictures and the noise is pretty epic.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I'm hoping the chargers and challengers come over. Man i jizzed my pants recently while I was in new zealand and saw a few over there. They're as hot in persin as in pictures and the noise is pretty epic.

there are roughly 5 challengers in the town that I live in , and around the same number of Camaro's and Mustangs too , keep in mind my town has pop of a shade under 20,000 , on the Kia though , I like the looks but the proof will be how they drive and perform , plus their quality and finish has come leaps and bounds as well , I think people need to get a grip .

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
There's no way this is a direct replacement for the V8 Commodores and Falcons as the media seem to be portraying it. No matter what 0-100km/h time it does. Seriously, who even goes 0-100 foot flat these days? The under-stressed nature, durability, tunability, pedigree and that NOISE is more than half the appeal of having a V8 under the bonnet. That's why folks buy them. You could argue this is a replacement for six-cylinder Commodore and Falcon buyers but that's flawed also, as most large car six-cyl buyers aren't particularly performance-orientated and wouldn't be necessarily swayed by twin turbos. Or even really care -think fleets and mums and dads. This will be a niche car like BRZ/86/Veloster, not the holy grail. I agree it's decent looking rig though, with power figures Ford's Barra was pushing around the turn of the century.

I'd go second hand Euro over any brand new Kia any day.