Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will Kia Stinger really flog an SS?

Would you be happier in a KIA?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Not going to read all 5 pages, but from what i read, so? JustCommodores is proof that Holden hasnt always put out the best products. - Timing Chains, BCM's that fail, lobes wiped off camshafts...

People have been brainwashed into believing Hyundai and Kia are the pinnacle of quality and reliability and can do no wrong. I posted that link as an example to show that is simply not the case.
You should read all 5 pages... its quite a dilemma.
Yes Holdens have their issues, but nobody here has claimed they were perfect either.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
True. And others who haven't seen or driven it are **** canning it. It cuts both ways. I think those who have basically said "it's a Kia so it's crap" need a reality check. Kia has improved its engineering, design and quality in leaps and bounds over the past few years and if you're going to offer a seven year unlimited k's warranty, your product has to be well designed and properly put together. In that regard, typically, GM drags the chain. Can you imagine them offering such a warrant in the foreseeable future? Stuffed if I can.

Ten years from now I see the Holden name being dead and buried and Kia being a major world player. I'd love to be wrong about Holden's future but I don't think I am.
The Holden name will live on. New car sales may not survive even 3-5 years, if things don't go to plan.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Trofius answered pretty well for me. Affordable, sporty, RWD sedans are becoming a rare breed and in my opinion any such car that's made today should be celebrated and given a chance, if only as a lesser-quality option. At least we get the option.

Commodores are going whether we like it or not, whether we blame the Australian Government or GM or Asian manufacturers, Commodores are going. The reality is that Kia's cars have improved a lot over the last 5 years and whether we like it or not cars like the Stinger will be our only non-European, affordable options very soon. Where is GM's RWD option? Exactly, they don't give a **** about Australia. At least Kia is making an attempt.
Sad, but true mate.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
People have been brainwashed into believing Hyundai and Kia are the pinnacle of quality and reliability and can do no wrong. I posted that link as an example to show that is simply not the case.
You should read all 5 pages... its quite a dilemma.
Yes Holdens have their issues, but nobody here has claimed they were perfect either.
Which people have claimed they are the pinnacle of quality and reliability and claimed they are perfect?