Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will Kia Stinger really flog an SS?

Would you be happier in a KIA?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pyrex

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute
No offence intended. But you're calling someone out, partly for signing up under a new user name it would appear. It's no secret I've quoted Monstar's previous user names myself once or twice.
However, it would appear you also are no new comer to the forum. So, perhaps you might also have the bollocks to stand up and declare your past user names? If I'm mistaken, I am happy to stand corrected.
Joined less than a month after you (member for over 4 years) - you are now corrected

monty_vfssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV S2 Redline
In other words I am happy to provide more detail with greater accuracy than the normalised, inaccurate trend line that is supposed to be rear wheel horsepower derived from measured roller torque x a glance at the tacho.
Everyone knows that dyno readouts aren't exact figues and they can be varied dyno to dyno.

But comparatively speaking given the same dyno and setup, an engine with less power will show a lower number across the board, than an engine making more hp. Its that simple... i think theres too much pride at play here.

Why not post a dyno pull with power and torque displayed for all us simpletons who aren't interested in ecu logs - which are just theorised numbers relitive to one another and not 100% accurate like you make out.

shaness8

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG F6 VX SS
Geez @monty_vfssv @shaness8 @Pyrex @daz_au what’s with all the posting off-topic about turboland? That turbocharging is more advanced engineering than not?

The thread is about n/a and turbo car so how is commenting on turbos off the subject, unlike yourself who dribbles on about VVti camry blah blah blah spec L77 mega kilowatt bulldozzer torque monstar 2 tonne tank which outruns 1ltr bikes and anything on the road, F###en obvious you haven't come across anything decent so please give me a break.[/QUOTE]

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Everyone knows that dyno readouts aren't exact figues and they can be varied dyno to dyno.

But comparatively speaking given the same dyno and setup, an engine with less power will show a lower number across the board, than an engine making more hp. Its that simple... i think theres too much pride at play here.

Why not post a dyno pull with power and torque displayed for all us simpletons who aren't interested in ecu logs - which are just theorised numbers relitive to one another and not 100% accurate like you make out.
ECU reports theory to transmission and ABS and TCS eh? That’s better than the 50% VE line earlier.
Join your simpleton naysayer Coz turbo clique but nah end of story from me, I don’t suffer fools gladly.
If you’re keen then look up what an engine with that spec is but sorry troll I’m not your poofta.

Pyrex

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute
The thread is about n/a and turbo car so how is commenting on turbos off the subject, unlike yourself who dribbles on about VVti camry blah blah blah spec L77 mega kilowatt bulldozzer torque monstar 2 tonne tank which outruns 1ltr bikes and anything on the road, F###en obvious you haven't come across anything decent so please give me a break.
[/QUOTE]
Ha , I forgot about pir4te being able to outrun superbikes(and every other vehicle) , that's gold.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Gentlemen, lets keep this thread on topic and please check the personal criticisms at the keyboard. I'm all for robust discussion but when things start to get personal we all know where it's going to end up. IT certainly looks to me their are a number of members spoiling for an argument.