Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will Kia Stinger really flog an SS?

Would you be happier in a KIA?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mick06 svz

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 vz svz 3.5l alloytec
I’ve owned a Hyundai Getz and had mates with excels back in my younger years, I will say those cars were good bang for buck, those cars (although loud engines) would cop a serious floggin lasting well over 200ks with only clutch and cv replacements.

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
Lots of modern cars with fancy transmissions clever traction control and all wheel drive make them traffic light weapons in a sleeper body.

I just recently picked up a 2011 Audi S5 for the mrs with an APR tune and it’s so much faster than my cammed VE Ute it’s not funny. With tricked up dsg it would do repeatable 0-100kmh sprints in low 4 sec even with Ac on. All that with barely a bark from the exhaust

I guess it’s just progress and the Koreans are well funded now and can build some much more exciting cars that one can aspire to own.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Lots of modern cars with fancy transmissions clever traction control and all wheel drive make them traffic light weapons in a sleeper body.

I just recently picked up a 2011 Audi S5 for the mrs with an APR tune and it’s so much faster than my cammed VE Ute it’s not funny. With tricked up dsg it would do repeatable 0-100kmh sprints in low 4 sec even with Ac on. All that with barely a bark from the exhaust

I guess it’s just progress and the Koreans are well funded now and can build some much more exciting cars that one can aspire to own.
Should be no doubt your cammed and tuned VE should kick low 4s 0-100, but really your Ute is not meant for that.
Totally kick S5 or RS5 even the new TTV6 over the 1/4.
So is much about understanding tune and design purpose than anything else.
At $175,000 for new RS5 I would be happy even if it did edge out half a car across lights, still 10yo Ute wins over 1/4.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
I wouldn't buy a Stinger (yet). I try to avoid buying the first version of anything, technology-wise, and prefer to buy a later revision when the bugs and design faults have (hopefully) been corrected.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Every second wanker who buys a Swinger is going to be on the lookout for SS's and XR's to race. So they can have a toss and tell all their mates, then have another toss. What to do?????
200hp nitrous kit! Problem solved. :D

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
That the 3.0 supercharged V6?

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
If they were side by side in your driveway. Bright RED.
You can only keep one.

Choose.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
You can only keep one.

Choose.
Easy. The Swinger wouldn't be in my driveway, to begin with.;)

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
You can only keep one.

Choose.
Huh?
Is this a trick question?

What about ... it’s late 2018, you don’t have $150k+ to spend & you’re buying a new red sedan with some performance. Choose.
‘Cos there ain’t many alternatives!