Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will My Design Work???

Reaction score
Website
www.caraudiofactoryoutlet.com.au
Members Ride
VK BROCK Group "A"
id rather just make the box smaller.. the reason i made it that was cause i made it to the dimentions that would fit perfectly into the back of the vn, then id put the flat board across it ill post a pic of my sketch

Make the box the size you want and then add some expand-a-foam the high density one and trim out to suit!

you can use the bean method of measuring you box volume --- that is get a bag a bean bag beans and fill you box with them and then take them out using a bucket of a known volume that will give you the litres that it needs to be then you can add and subtract foam as needed

That is the easiest way

Cheers

Will get back to you with some specs

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
u can see its made to go over the hump where the rear axle is i could just bring the back in more but then id be wasting all the space behing the seats

Attachments

• Image230.jpg
    Image230.jpg
    358.5 KB · Views: 159
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VK BROCK Group "A"
id rather just make the box smaller.. the reason i made it that was cause i made it to the dimentions that would fit perfectly into the back of the vn, then id put the flat board across it ill post a pic of my sketch

Your sub is as follows

Frequencies: 25-800
Power - RMS: 250

Must say I love SONYS - ESUPPORT !!! just such a Throw the dart at the wall and hope that you get something!!!!

Anyway --- I just love the dealer support!!!

Here are the specs for the enclosure

Sealed Box Volume: Sony recommends mounting this woofer in a sealed enclosure with an internal volume of 1.15 cu/ft.

Ported Box Volume: Sony recommends mounting this woofer in a ported enclosure with an internal volume of 0.82 cu/ft with one 3" Diameter x 12" Long port.

Please not that this is for one sub... if you are making a box then I would make them in seperate chambers --- so they are independant to each other... sub to them not working real well together.

If you want BIGGER BASS then go the PORTED! with the length and diameter of the port as this is TUNED to these subs!

Last edited:

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
what size would you recommend for these subs? just what sony said? its different to what they have in the manual i got with them

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VK BROCK Group "A"
u can see its made to go over the hump where the rear axle is i could just bring the back in more but then id be wasting all the space behing the seats

I see said the blind man!

:thumbsup:

you will need to adjust the volume dramatically -- either by lifting the base - board up into the box itself of putting in a false bottom or --- MY FRIEND and YOURS -- EXPAND-A-FOAM!!!

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VK BROCK Group "A"
what size would you recommend for these subs? just what sony said? its different to what they have in the manual i got with them

The Manual will have a max and a min!! and sometime on the higher end a IDEAL that gives you something to work with

Me... I would go with the esupport from sony which are the dimension I gave you.

Or if you are happy with you dimension then go with them

Though if you go the false bottom and close the space up to almost what the volume that I have given you then have a listen if you dont like it then you can drop the false bottom back down to where you think and test again to where you like the sound... just not on one piece of music try a few different tracks and artists.

:thumbsup:

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
um i have a question.. do u no how much area this sub might take up? ive drawn a quick box to get the new volume and its 470mmx435mmx210 subtracting the sub volume will this give me aprox 0.8ft3?

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VK BROCK Group "A"
um i have a question.. do u no how much area this sub might take up? ive drawn a quick box to get the new volume and its 470mmx435mmx210 subtracting the sub volume will this give me aprox 0.8ft3?

You dont need to worry about free air or the volume of the sub as the cals have taken this into consideration!

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VK BROCK Group "A"

I get 1.51621 cu ft

There is 35.314 cu ft to a cu meter!

so your dimensions are .0429345 m3 * 35.314 = 1.516 cuft

So unless you have a sub the size of KING KONG -- I would say your cals are wrong... plus you dont need to worry about the sub subtraction as it has been factored in with the volume that is recommended!

phat_com

VR IS A BEAST WITH NEW V6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR s2 Acclaim/VK IS GONE :(
make the sub box you want and then put wood inside the box to make it smaller or you could use that expander foam idea but i wouldn't say it would be any good?