Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

will not fire!!!

christian vv

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vz acclaim 2005
So was parked car in car park. Turned off then turned back on as my mrs cant park. Turned back on to fix her parking. Apon returning to the car about a hour later this is what happened.
Key in turned to start and was like no fuel. Wouldn't start. Got some more petrol into it and still nothing. But the noise shifted from the low fuel sound to now just not wanting to start. Lights came on abs at first (but this went away) , svs also came up. But no engine light. There's normaly check power tran on my car but this isn't the case now. Car goes threw checks ok and says ok.
Anyways. Changed fuel pump and filter, changed crank angle sensor, battery in keys, charged battery, tried jump starting, please help I don't know now, I was told car has spark has fuel no blocks in lines .. Maybe injectors is there a way of checking this.. Maybe coils .. How do I check this to.
Car has fuel smell been told just floaded by a few mobile mech and to keep trying but been days now and its not giving even sprayed start ya bastard in ot no good still.. no codes at all come up when scanned too.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Sounds like you have flooded the engine. if so, fully charge your battery, then try again but DO NOT touch or depress the accelerator. If it was flooded it will eventually cough into life, run rough, shake and rattle and possibly expel lots of black smoke/soot from the exhaust. Keep engine running and go for a short drive. All should be good (it it was flooded initially). Good luck.

christian vv

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vz acclaim 2005
so dont touch accelerator?this is where ive been going wrong then as ive been doing it like people have been saying on google about turn key foot floor and so on..

Matty316

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
Having exact problem as we speak. Def not due to flooding. Been told may be an immobiliser issue? CHecking fuses but still sweet FA :(

Trev084

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 6 Seat Wagon. 2005 VZ SV6
Any faults displaying?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Very common to have ECU issues with the VZ, presenting symptoms sound like this could be the problem.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Unplug the abs module plug and see if it starts they can fail and tie up the data bus but yes vz can have ecu issues from the heat and vibration of the engine and water ingress into the plugs and pins corrode

Matty316

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
Unplug the abs module plug and see if it starts they can fail and tie up the data bus but yes vz can have ecu issues from the heat and vibration of the engine and water ingress into the plugs and pins corrode
Apologies for the following question but What is an abs module? An ECU issues? Sorry man but I'm car clueless once i go past changing the oil, coolant and tyres lol But I'm sick of it so i figured bout time I tried to learn. Just have no idea what half the comments mean :(

Matty316

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
Oh ABS as in Auto braking? lol. I had been getting the ABS warning light on an off at times but kinda ignored that as an issue as stupidly assumed "As if brakes" would be the cause

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Antilock braking system.the module is in the engine bay with heaps of brake lines going into it and has its own little computer module mounted on it.they can fail and tie up the data bus to the eco and prevent the security from being disabled causicausing no start situation.