Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will our machines be saved from the electric wave ?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
If there was, people wouldn't be disconnected for not paying their bills.

Thought bubble.....if one had sufficient solar panel generation on their roof and a battery to store that generation and did not need to rely on the grid for power, what would stop one simply ringing the power co and asking them to disconnect, as when moving out of a property ?

The disconnection is done by using a pole to pull the fuse. That is fine as the power infrastructure is still there.
What I'm saying is that the cable from the powerlines to your house is a requirment in most council areas. You can't build a house and power it with solar and not have a connection. Weather you want to use it or not is up to you.

It's just the same as how water tanks are banned in a lot of city suburbs now.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I'm not sure a lot of folk realise you can negotiate your feed in tariff. By default they offer very little. In Canberra paying 22c per kWh the base Evo feed in is 8c. The best I've heard of was 18c, which makes the grid your 4c per kWh battery give or take your consumption

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Weather. Rain, hail, snow , sunshine.
Wether. A castrated ram.
Whether. Whether or not.
No need to thank me.

Look I'm a busy man ffs I can't spend all day fault checking posts on JC.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I'm not sure a lot of folk realise you can negotiate your feed in tariff. By default they offer very little. In Canberra paying 22c per kWh the base Evo feed in is 8c. The best I've heard of was 18c, which makes the grid your 4c per kWh battery give or take your consumption

Like I said it's an even bigger disparity in commercial which is why my mate is pissed with his commercial solar install.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

At the moment, we are getting 47c p/kWh feed in which includes a 40c p/kwh bonus which expires later this year.

Pay 23c p/kWh.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Just reading this threaf shows how many faults the whole green energy idea has.
The goverment needs to act.

Wats_in_a_name

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
^^Wasn't there a black out in parts of South Australia a year or two ago because the winds were too strong for the wind turbines and they had to shut them down?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
[
^^Wasn't there a black out in parts of South Australia a year or two ago because the winds were too strong for the wind turbines and they had to shut them down?
Yes there was a power outage during storms. From memory it was reported that there was high winds which brought down some high voltage towers that obviously resulted in loss of supply/distribution. It wasn’t a loss of generation capacity per se but a loss of interconnect that was the issue.

I couldn’t believe that the towers were so flimsy that wind could bring them down. I don’t know whether that tower strength issue was addressed bit Musk came to SA’s rescue and built a huge battery system to save SA from the horrors of power outage... Great PR but means diddly if towers can continue to buckle in the wind :oops:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Weather. Rain, hail, snow , sunshine.
Wether. A castrated ram.
Whether. Whether or not.
No need to thank me.
1617321755097.jpeg

Image pinched from @lmoengnr’s post on pic of the day thread