Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will our machines be saved from the electric wave ?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Here in Australia you're not allowed to do a solar install and run batteries off the grid. You have to stay connected to the grid.

You're full of it....You can go off he grid in the city....Have a battery back up combined with a solar system that suits your life style that is always putting your usage into credit rather than out of your pocket and you are effectively off the grid.

My boss has been in his new house for 4 years and hasn't given a cent to the electricity company....He is waiting to pay off something and then going for the battery storage pack on his house so if the power switch is flicked off he still has power

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
^^Wasn't there a black out in parts of South Australia a year or two ago because the winds were too strong for the wind turbines and they had to shut them down?

Yes there was.....Something to do with a connector line from Vic to S.A being bought down due to high winds.....I can't remember the exact details but I believe a few asses got kicked as a result. IMA made it interesting driving home with no traffic lights working and a bunch of idiots getting round

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
You're full of it....You can go off he grid in the city....

Dude in a city area you can't get approval for a house without power. If you disconnect the power from the house you violate the approval deeming your house uninsured.
Just in the same way my mates house needed to be signed off with his extension.

This ruel is in place to stop people going off grid otherwise every man and their dog with solar would add a battery to their house and go off grid. A battery is $7,000 from jay car then it's just a matter of changing the inverter and paying a sparky to do so. So probably 14k complete upgrade to an existing solar setup and even cheaper if the existing inverter already has the capability to use a battery.

The government/s don't want houses off grid as the power companies loose customers.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Also they used to pay you much more for your power then the keep cuting it back.

For all I know SA might have changed their laws?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Dude in a city area you can't get approval for a house without power. If you disconnect the power from the house you violate the approval deeming your house uninsured.
Just in the same way my mates house needed to be signed off with his extension.

This ruel is in place to stop people going off grid otherwise every man and their dog with solar would add a battery to their house and go off grid. A battery is $7,000 from jay car then it's just a matter of changing the inverter and paying a sparky to do so. So probably 14k complete upgrade to an existing solar setup and even cheaper if the existing inverter already has the capability to use a battery.

The government/s don't want houses off grid as the power companies loose customers.

It is a building requirement that new houses are designed for a battery pack to be installed....Has been for about 5 years.....Do some research

Gov'ts are currently coughing up for their housing to have solar systems and battery packs installed to help their tenants....The roll out started a few years back in the rural areas and they are moving into the city areas.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
It is a building requirement that new houses are designed for a battery pack to be installed....Has been for about 5 years.....Do some research

Gov'ts are currently coughing up for their housing to have solar systems and battery packs installed to help their tenants....The roll out started a few years back in the rural areas and they are moving into the city areas.

Well that must be a SA only thing. I bet that requirement written in their has something relating to the batteries having to be connected to the grid for back feeding purposes. But I could be wrong.

Here in ACT/NSW land you know the actual part of the country that matters the most there is no mandatory battery packs nor mandatory solar heck you're still allowed fire places.
But they want you to pay for power over here.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Well that must be a SA only thing. I bet that requirement written in their has something relating to the batteries having to be connected to the grid for back feeding purposes. But I could be wrong.

Here in ACT/NSW land you know the actual part of the country that matters the most there is no mandatory battery packs nor mandatory solar heck you're still allowed fire places.
But they want you to pay for power over here.

No the batteries aren't fed back into the grid.....They are a back up for power....If a solar system is connected to the property (and it's not mandatory for them to be into the system), that is fed into the battery pack

Fire places are another thing all together so no need to get into that

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
No the batteries aren't fed back into the grid.....They are a back up for power....If a solar system is connected to the property (and it's not mandatory for them to be into the system), that is fed into the battery pack

Fire places are another thing all together so no need to get into that

Rain water tanks here in ACT/NSW are another issue lol in a lot of areas they're banned like I've said.
ACT copies a lot of NSW policy.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Rain water tanks here in ACT/NSW are another issue lol in a lot of areas they're banned like I've said.
ACT copies a lot of NSW policy.

Rain water tanks, fireplaces....WTF has that got to do with mandatory supply of the fittings to connect battery systems to houses?

What, so when a fire starts in the fireplace where they connect the battery, the water tank is there to put it out....Wake up :rolleyes:

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Rain water tanks, fireplaces....WTF has that got to do with mandatory supply of the fittings to connect battery systems to houses?

What, so when a fire starts in the fireplace where they connect the battery, the water tank is there to put it out....Wake up :rolleyes:

It's just examples of planning issues and differences between states.

But with batteries government's are looking at using them to stabilize the grid which has been talked about same as grid infrastructure.

Im sure SA will make it mandatory for all homes to be grid connected in tge city soon enough to make use of this new tech.

You're just being argumentative so I'll stop responding to your posts here from now.