Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will replacing old spark plugs with new ones have any affect on Dual Fuel?

robnya

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim S2
My dual fuel vt has been playing up when it comes to starting or switching over to gas so as a start im looking to replace the spark plugs, what i dont know is if new ones will have any affect on the LPG timing as i know that it functions differently to the petrol. any help would be great

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Also on the V6,the plug gap on duel fuel engines should be set to 1mm instead of 1.5 mm.

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
Also on the V6,the plug gap on duel fuel engines should be set to 1mm instead of 1.5 mm.

really? whys that ive never had a problem, im not doubting actually just curious as to why. thanks

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Stock plugs for a VT Ecotec are BPR6EFS-15, gas requires 1 heat range cooler which is BPR7EFS-15. That is the plug you should be using according to NGKs LPG listing

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Firstly go to a 1.3mm gap, and see how it runs. Bosch Ytriums are good, i use Champion Gold or the Bosch. Bosch also make a fine tip plug just for lpg i think with a 0.9mm gap. Try it as it will only cost you around $25. Get some good leads as well, Bosch ones, Eagle, i use Scorcher myself. Ice are good as well. You need a spiral wire type. If the rubber is high quality like the scorcher, the covers arent needed, even with extractors. I change my plugs out every 15,000-20,000k's. LPG is spark and electric picky. Keep those in check and you should be fine. Clean air filters are important as well. Goodluck.

How long does it take to start ?

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
i run holden stock plugs and i have no issues

car drives like its new :)

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
i run holden stock plugs and i have no issues

car drives like its new :)

yeah same as me, i run genuine plugs and never had issues at all, been on gas now for 4 years

dobes

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT
Do you put your car in neutral and rev it a bit when you switch over?

gigdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive wagon 1999
so what are the genuine plugs for a VT v6
I have changed mine a couple of months ago with bosch ones and he tolled me they were gas computable but it is hard to start on gas as well some times and when I get to 80-110 it plays up nothing much put you can feel it is missing every now and then so do you put this down to plugs I have taken it to a mechanic and he tested it for errors and checked it all out on his computer and he could not fault it but it is annoying me that it does this