Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

will these wheels fit?

U

uty

greetings everyone.

not much of a first post but I hope you will forgive me.

I'm yet to pick up my ute (due to the lengthy predelivery wait everyone seems to go through) and a nice set of wheels has caught my eye. the wheels in question are off a BMW 8.5" +30 and 9.5" +20.

after a brief search I couldn't find a mention of what offset a vz has std?

next question is what can fit under the std guards? std is 8" wide? and I'd guess you can fit 9.5" with the std offset but with a +20 I'm guessing not.

Barcode

lllllllllllllllll
Reaction score
i suppose it depends on how far you intend to lower it
i have 19 x 8 on my ute and when lowered they just fit under the guard without scrubbing ( a mate has 8 1/2 wide and he needed to have his guards rolled)
i would guess they would be close to sitting outside the guard so you wouldnt be able to drop it much
only true test though will be a trial fit

Barcode

lllllllllllllllll
Reaction score
uty said:
whats your offset barcode?

sorry for the delay but being that i didn't know i went and saw my local tyre supplier and asked him- not that it makes alot of sense to me apart from the fact that they fit my vehicle

He told me commodores have a 45mm offset( not sure if this is what he ment and how it was supposed to be taken)
My rims are are the same as the factory 17's in offset but 5mm wider( apparently std rims arent exactly 8" wide)

If this is all true you may have problems with steering due to your rims being 10mm less offset
unless i have missed the point of what it all means

BUT like i said earlier the only real way would be to try them-i would grab one and try it on your vehicle before outlaying big dollars on something that may not fit

Drapes12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 06
So 19x8 will be fine on a VZ Exec wagon?

Sort of need to keep it legal for work purposes haha

2005vzute

Djabringyagrogalong
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2005 VZ Ute M6
i've got 19 x 8's on my ute...standard height etc, no worries at all, 100% legal...stud pattern is 5X120mm...offset is positive 45...aslong as you have the right tyre ( you can check in "the wheel deal" section and look at the limitations guide tickied on there, it has the correct rim and tyre sizes to match eachother...so aslong as you have to numbers in mind then it'll be all sweet mate.

Drapes12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 06
Thanks for sending me in the right direction, I appreciate it