Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will they scrape...

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
Does he have an adjustable panhard rod already?

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
well after being garented by a fellow member that mine wont scrape when i get my mags in two weeks i just want to be 100% sure, as i dont want to have to run with 15s on the back till i can afford a adjust panhard.
so my question is will i defently not scrape with 235s and only king spring lows in the rear? unrolled guards

CALAIS 6

snowballing
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz exec
the guy i bought my vl off had vy ss 18's on it with king superlows and the rims woulda been mine if id seen it a day before and it scrubbed big time with them the marks are still there now LOL

snake_VL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
well after being garented by a fellow member that mine wont scrape when i get my mags in two weeks i just want to be 100% sure, as i dont want to have to run with 15s on the back till i can afford a adjust panhard.
so my question is will i defently not scrape with 235s and only king spring lows in the rear? unrolled guards

lol, depending on wheel offset it probably will without an adjustable panhard rod. i got 17's and then king spring lows and it did rub/cut the passenger side rear over bumps, i took about 5mm off the lip with a grinder to stop it doing it. then got adjustable panhard rod and did some more grinding and have superlows in it. watch the clips that hold on the rear bumper top moulds, they were cutting my tyres till i got rid of them. and the fronts, thats another story, ended up raising it 1/2 inch cos it just wouldn't stop stuffing the tyres

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
He has no Adjustable rear panhard rod...

These springs were a nuisance on my car. Constant guard scrubbing WITH rolled guards. I had to have my exhaust tightened several times as it was being scraped loose over every second bump AND I have a perfect indentation of my tail shaft on the bottom of my car.

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
Without the adjustable panhard rod, it will scrape.

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
All the panhard rod does is align the diff left/right with the chassis. If its gona scrape it'l most probly be both sides hence panhard rod would be a waste of time. it could make the scraping more even lol. I had a vl diff in my vh with 16's and 225's was only lowered 21/2 inches and it scraped like a bitch with any form of load in the rear what so ever. You can expect it to scrape, ill put my money on it.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
yeah the vl rear end sits to one side of the car and when lowered it moves over even more, the adjustable panhard rod will correct this. go out to your car (if you don't have an adjustable) and check the clearance on each side and you will see what I mean. The tailshaft breakage comment is perfectly valid as the diff is raised up under the car when the car is lowered it puts the tailshaft on a harder angle than what it was designed for and puts extra strain on the uni and CV joints until the enevitable happens.

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
Yea it scraped fairly evenly so i left as is. I no longer have the vh. I bought a new tailshaft aswel for the diff. Came from efi 202 vk's. Apparently they have the v8 uni's ect....i thought they were all the same?

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
All the panhard rod does is align the diff left/right with the chassis. If its gona scrape it'l most probly be both sides hence panhard rod would be a waste of time. it could make the scraping more even lol. I had a vl diff in my vh with 16's and 225's was only lowered 21/2 inches and it scraped like a bitch with any form of load in the rear what so ever. You can expect it to scrape, ill put my money on it.

How can aligning the diff correctly with an adjustable panhard rod be a waste of time??