Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will they scrape...

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
well after being garented by a fellow member that mine wont scrape when i get my mags in two weeks i just want to be 100% sure, as i dont want to have to run with 15s on the back till i can afford a adjust panhard.
so my question is will i defently not scrape with 235s and only king spring lows in the rear? unrolled guards

15's and lows shouldn't scrape. just be careful if you put people in the car.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
All the panhard rod does is align the diff left/right with the chassis. If its gona scrape it'l most probly be both sides hence panhard rod would be a waste of time. it could make the scraping more even lol. I had a vl diff in my vh with 16's and 225's was only lowered 21/2 inches and it scraped like a bitch with any form of load in the rear what so ever. You can expect it to scrape, ill put my money on it.

if you don't have an adjustable panhard rod you'll chew out your uni's quicker.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
15's and lows shouldn't scrape. just be careful if you put people in the car.

nah i know as curntly i am fine, but when i get by 18s in few weeks i dont want to find out it will scrape and have to have 15s on rear and 18s on front (looks sus) till i can get a panhard rod

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
What im saying is if it scrapes evenly and the diff looks to be in good position.... then why get one? Its not going to change anything. I was mainly refering to the post that states if you get an adjustable panard rod it wont scrape ......wt

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
king springs don't recommend anything other than lows for street use. all the others they only recommend for show purposes.

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
If you lower a VL, it will offcentre the diff. Always does.

Jules86

The Cream Machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL(VeryLow) Commodore Exec.
Is it cool to have the back lower than the front? cuz mines the other way round so when i get my mates in the back it evens out and sits as low as ultra lows but isn't that illegal cuz they can only do u for defect when every1 is out of the car.

snake_VL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
king springs don't recommend anything other than lows for street use. all the others they only recommend for show purposes.

i used to have lows on my old vl but took the plunge and got superlows on this one. with mags its a lot of trouble, it was hitting the front bump stops pretty bad till i got new strut inserts. then it blew one of the new inserts, then blew 2 rear shocks a week apart. it had bad scrubbing on the front when turning or over bumps. so i got nolathane strut tops to raise the front 1/2 inch. now its all good.

moral of the story, lows are good for just throwing them in and driving away, you'll have no worries at all. but superlows are a fair bit more trouble to get right and take a lot more effort. and you've got to drive carefully so you don't damage anything if the road is dodgey