Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will they scrape...

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
On saturday im putting lovells ultralows into the rear of a mates VL...

Now he has 18" VY SS mags wearing 235 tyres... And the Lovells Ultralows are a tad lower than King Spring Ultralows... AND his guards are NOT rolled and I have no intentions of rolling his guards...

So will I be wasting my time or not? Will the tyres scrub on his VL? If so I wont put them in til he gets his guards rolled...

I used to have these springs in my VN (Still use the fronts) and it used to scrub with 225 tyres... But the VL guards are different obviously so im not sure if it will scrub or not.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
i'd near garrauntee it will scrub. plus his car will probably be illegally low.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hmmm ok. It is only the rear the springs are going in.

And yeah it will be illegally low. They were in my car and I got done for 3 and a bit inches under the legal limit last year. Thats why they aint in my car now :p

He says he dont care but I say that'll change when he gets defected... But its his choice.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
well the vl diffs are a fraction wider than the vn's i think so the rears will most likely scrub.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
well the vl diffs are a fraction wider than the vn's i think so the rears will most likely scrub.

Nah the VN diffs are wider than the VL diffs... Remembering how much larger a VN is than a VL.

A VL diff is like 21mm shorter each side. But the actual body of the VL is smaller also, so this doesnt necessarily mean much.

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Put em in,if the car Bottoms out,damages the Tailshaft,Exhaust,Suspension,Tyres or Guards its too low!

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
I had a VL with ultra lows with 17's (235) it scrubbed on the rear if I had any passengers in the car before I rolled the guards.

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
Put em in,if the car Bottoms out,damages the Tailshaft,Exhaust,Suspension,Tyres or Guards its too low!

That's all true too!

There's going to be a few scratching their heads as how this has anything to do with tailshafts..;)

GLD-086

Reaction score
My VL has ultralow King springs, with set of 19 inch VY SSs and 235 series tyres and it doesn't rub.:)

Also my back left hand side, sags a bit. Just to give you an idea.