Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will This Diff Fit

jezz736

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Z Series Commodore

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
Yeh I bought one off the same mob............... had it about hmm a year now. Damn good, well worth the money. I fitted mine...... took bout 12 hours, alot of work. The LSD's are very tight for the first week or two when u first put it in......... then they wear in a bit and settle down but definately a good upgrade to any VZ.

Just gotta recalibrate your ECU for the new diff........... which is the biggest pain mostly as u gotta readjust your WOT shifts mostly...... eg. standard VZ can run upto around 72km in first gear, on these diffs at about 6400rpm (if u raise the limiter) they will only get to 66km/h in a 4 speed auto.

Hope that helps. Cheers

Last edited:

jezz736

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Z Series Commodore
Yeh I bought one off the same mob............... had it about hmm a year now. Damn good, well worth the money. I fitted mine...... took bout 12 hours, alot of work. The LSD's are very tight for the first week or two when u first put it in......... then they wear in a bit and settle down but definately a good upgrade to any VZ.

Just gotta recalibrate your ECU for the new diff........... which is the biggest pain mostly as u gotta readjust your WOT shifts mostly...... eg. standard VZ can run upto around 72km in first gear, on these diffs at about 6400rpm (if u raise the limiter) they will only get to 66km/h in a 4 speed auto.

Hope that helps. Cheers
Cheers mate, i was hoping to hear something like that :)

This may be a stupid question but do u still need to recalibrate the ECU with a manual? or is it just bolt in, job done?