Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

will this setup be good/shyte/or what?

=Calais v8=

Holden Tech Apprentice
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII 5.0L Calais, 13b ae71
good afternooon, i have a VS 5L, it has a vortech v1 bolted onto it, which is in the process of being finished. its time for my exhaust and i need some advice to what will sound/perform the best. i want it LOUD, and i dont care about being illegal loud, because that can be taken care of later on if i have any trouble with it. i will also be getting a bigger cam when it comes time to do tuning.

the setup i was thinking is: extractors into twin 2.5" system, into twin high flow cats, into no middle resi, into a single 2in/2out muffler at the rear.

will this be a good setup for the good ol blown v8? and will it sound good?

thanks.

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
Yep go for that sounds good but will set you back a few bucks, probably 2000-2200 for mandrel bent pipes, twin muff's/cat's and pacemakers... you cant beat a twin system for sound & performance.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
That sounds perfect mate. I've seen/heard a VN Calais running a very similar exhaust setup to that, and it really sounds the business. Talk to greenfoam about having an x-pipe welded in after the twin-cats. A good x-pipe in a twin system can be worth up to 10kw :)