Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

will this work?

troykinsvt

yes i like fibreglassing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
so the story goes i have 2 subs 2 1000 watt parcel shelf speakers and 4 360 watt door speakers,
what i want to do is have the speakers hooked up to an amp
im not sure how to go about it will the speakers recieve to much bass from the new amp ?

this is a pic i made up and im looking for some type of SPLITTER BOX..???
I DONT WANT TO RUN 2 LOTS OF WIRE TO THE BATTERY

troys diagram.jpg

just wondering if there is a SPLITTER BOX of some type
(to split a 0 gauge wire that runs from the battery then splits into 2 4 gauge wires ???? is it possible?)

anyway let me know what you think

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
OH boy another one who loves max power figures. As said distribution block is what you want. 4 gauge will probably be all you need for your light stereo system.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
You system sounds hektic bro! How much did all dat gear cost you! Can you tell me brands an model numbers so i can get it for myself bro?!

Cheers mang

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
You system sounds hektic bro! How much did all dat gear cost you! Can you tell me brands an model numbers so i can get it for myself bro?!

Cheers mang
No need to be a wanker to a guy who is new to stereos. Teach him, don't patronise him :banstick:

That system wont work the way you've drawn it sorry to say.
If you can see that, why don't you tell him how to make it work then?

So many heroes on this forum these days :blah blah:

Anyway, OP from your picture it seems like you have everything wired correctly. As axemurderer said, you need a distribution block. The best bet is to get a fused distribution block to protect the 4ga wires to the amps unless you plan to put the block within about 30cm of the amp, then you can use an unfused one like axemurderer linked to on eBay.

What is the model number of your speakers and amps? As you're talking in MAX wattages then the amplifiers probably don't need a 0ga main supply.

troykinsvt

yes i like fibreglassing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
yeay yeah yeah blah blah blah, it was a quick pic....and the subs when i bought them were cadence 1200 s the parcel shelf were some cheap 6 way from ebay , so before you be A wanker as said above give us a hand,

i was thinking of having 0 gauge run up to the boot then the distribution block into 2 /4 gauge to the amps

sabbath why wont it work? i know there aint RCA's too...i focussed on the distribution block..know i know what it is

and hozy...WHY? seriously GROW UP :upyours:

thanks to those that helped :beer chug:

no thanks to one

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
yeay yeah yeah blah blah blah, it was a quick pic....and the subs when i bought them were cadence 1200 s the parcel shelf were some cheap 6 way from ebay , so before you be A wanker as said above give us a hand,

i was thinking of having 0 gauge run up to the boot then the distribution block into 2 /4 gauge to the amps

sabbath why wont it work? i know there aint RCA's too...i focussed on the distribution block..know i know what it is

and hozy...WHY? seriously GROW UP :upyours:

thanks to those that helped :beer chug:

no thanks to one

I asked you what you had, Man. Because at the end of the day. You list false power ratings. I was curious on the system you were building, Because by the sounds of it, 4gauge is overkill...

Cheers
Mat