Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will ve wheel studs fit on a vx hub

Rogue_dinosaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 v6 vx commodore
I am currently running ve wheels on my vx and I have noticed that there isn't a lot of thread that the lug nut holds onto, so I was wondering if ve wheels studs would fit on a vx hub, or could someone please point me in the right direction to get longer wheel studs?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
To fit VE studs into a VX hub, the hub would have to be drilled out to suit the thicker VE stud....Unfortunately I don't live in New Zealand, so I can't point you in the right direction for help to have that done...

@immortality , a moderator on here, lives in New Zealand, so he might be able to help you there...There are also other New Zealand members on here that might be able to help....Unfortunately I'm unaware of there names as of this post

Juice3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
If you want the lug nuts to fit properly you have to get sleeves for the wheel or special aftermarket lug nuts.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I don't think you can change the front studs as they hit the bearing case mount.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I don't think you can change the front studs as they hit the bearing case mount.

Hummm, it'd be a case of removing the VX studs, redrilling the hub to suit the thicker VE studs and having them located in the hub properly

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Hummm, it'd be a case of removing the VX studs, redrilling the hub to suit the thicker VE studs and having them located in the hub properly

Except the front bearings are a complete hub and bearing assembly and I think the cast casing sticks to far out to be able to get the studs in and out from memory. I may be wrong though it may be possible to do a stud change on the front hubs but the VE studs are 14mm so may not work.
A lot of smaller Japanese cars require the hubs to be removed to do the studs when the bearing is a hub and beaing complete unit it makes this hard.
To re-drill the front hubs would require quite a fixture set up on the mill as again you have to deal with the bearing and it's case mount.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I think you can just sneak the stock 12mm studs out on the front from memory but a 14mm will be impossible to put back in.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I have noticed that there isn't a lot of thread that the lug nut holds onto

This sounds kid of odd, you had the centres on the wheels machined out yeah?

If this is actually a problem then using VE studs won't change anything unless they're extended studs.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
What makes you think you haven't got enough thread engagement?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Except the front bearings are a complete hub and bearing assembly and I think the cast casing sticks to far out to be able to get the studs in and out from memory. I may be wrong though it may be possible to do a stud change on the front hubs but the VE studs are 14mm so may not work.
A lot of smaller Japanese cars require the hubs to be removed to do the studs when the bearing is a hub and beaing complete unit it makes this hard.
To re-drill the front hubs would require quite a fixture set up on the mill as again you have to deal with the bearing and it's case mount.

VX hubs are complete with bearings, so as I stated, would require re-drilling and re seating of the 14X1.5 studs in the VX hubs....I also mentioned I couldn't recommend a place in NZ, but immortality may....

So I have mentioned the solution already and you seem to have missed it totally

Last edited: