Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will Vp V6 sedan transmission fit wagon Vp V6

Newbie1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive V6 3.8,VP Exceutive S2 3.8L 5speed
Hey guys will a Vp v6 sedan transmission fit my Vp V6 wagon like straight swap over thanks in advance guys

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yes, if both are autos. You will need to keep the wagon tail shaft. Assuming you don't have a column auto in the wagon?

Newbie1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive V6 3.8,VP Exceutive S2 3.8L 5speed
Yes, if both are autos. You will need to keep the wagon tail shaft. Assuming you don't have a column auto in the wagon?
Sweet as mate and there both the exact same except one being a sedan thanks heaps m8 one more thing are you meant to be able to hear your petrol pump running all the time

Jezza95

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP v6 IRS executive
Sweet as mate and there both the exact same except one being a sedan thanks heaps m8 one more thing are you meant to be able to hear your petrol pump running all the time
Your only suppose to hear the fuel pump turn on with the ignition for a split second, but all though it may be on its way out or struggling to keep the flow.. if it's in a wags then you'll most likely hear the fuel pump running constantly cause it's in a hollow cab, if you get what I'm saying??

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
Some fuel pumps keep running for up to 20 secs after turning off the ignition due to the fact that the oil pressure is slowly dropping.