Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

will vs climate control from a berlina/calais work in an exec?

nicevs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive S1
hey guys i have an exec but really like the climate control option from the calais etc. i was wondering if anyone knows how to make it work in an exec. if its possible.. please help..:surprise

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Can be done - but you need to change the heater box and the loom.

nicevs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive S1
im no mechanic but me and my dad know a bit about cars recon we could takle it?

R1D0LF1

R1D0LF1
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S1
i believe you need a body control module from the berlina

keza87

JCCC NSW Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX/VY/VZ Wagon LS1
It makes life easier when you change the entire body loom over to a higher model but it can be done by splicing into the exec loom. The BCM does not need to be changed over to work.
88GreenVN did a fantastic write up on how to do the wiring for a VN that I adapted to my VR but tried to use as much of the climate loom as possible

I was lucky enough to get all the parts out of a wreck a friend had but I would say for what is in the ebay add would be about right.

It took myself about 1 hour to pull the entire dash and heater box out but practically an entire weekend just to get it all back together. Also remember the A/C needs to be de-gassed before starting and re-gassed when complete.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
$365 may be over the top - should be able to score all the sensors and heater box for under $200. But in the end it wont matter how much you pay as long as it's complete - like includes the loom.

Sun sensor, ambient sensor, temp sensor on the heater pipes, loom, vac box, lcd screen control, loom to the heater box.

And go for it, set aside a day or so and have an a/c person ready to re gas the a/c when all back together.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just looked at the kit on Ebay and looks to be what you will need - see if you can get the Level 3 cluster chucked in. :)