Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will VT commodore windshield fit on VY Calais?

Will a VT commodore windshield fit on VY Calais?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Brodez

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
I let someone take my VY Calais for a drive, I know, what was I thinking. They were half asleep and apparently couldn't see a black cockatoo flying straight at the windshield and I have now ended up with a cracked windshield. Already priced a windshield and it's going to run me $190 plus an hours labour @ $110. The woman who cracked it is trying everyday possible to avoid paying for the damage she has done and just does not care for my property regardless of the fact she has damaged it. Which alot if people are doing these days so I hear.
I do have access to a VT commodore windshield for free and was wondering if I could use the VT's windshield? Any help would be greatly appreciated so thanks in advance.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I'm pretty sure it will fit.
Not really sure that you can count her responsible for a bird flying into your windscreen though.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I'm pretty sure it will fit.
Not really sure that you can count her responsible for a bird flying into your windscreen though.
I'd hold the cockatoo acountable for the damage after all it flew into the car.:confused: , and yes it will fit

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
I let someone take my VY Calais for a drive, I know, what was I thinking. They were half asleep and apparently couldn't see a black cockatoo flying straight at the windshield and I have now ended up with a cracked windshield. Already priced a windshield and it's going to run me $190 plus an hours labour @ $110. The woman who cracked it is trying everyday possible to avoid paying for the damage she has done and just does not care for my property regardless of the fact she has damaged it. Which alot if people are doing these days so I hear.
I do have access to a VT commodore windshield for free and was wondering if I could use the VT's windshield? Any help would be greatly appreciated so thanks in advance.

... sue the cocky!
Doh.. its probably roadkill. Windscreen 0 Cocky 0

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Bloody birds.....

(you can choose which one I'm referring too)

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
Well im aware that the side chrome window trims fit vt to vz which shocked me so ya kinda be leaning to same rear windows ?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The body changes between VT and VZ were limited to front and rear sheet metal, lights and bumpers. The basic passenger compartment structure remained unchanged so doors and glass are all the same.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Just get a new one fitted. Do some more calling around, the local guys are always cheaper than the big companies. The local guy from around here does them for around 170 fitted.

Don't attempt it yourself. A second hand windscreen is a false economy. Chances are your old one was sandblasted anyway.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Do some more calling around, the local guys are always cheaper than the big companies.

I think O'briens charge so much because they get a lot of business from insurers. A few years ago was quoted about $700 for a then current model Imprezza windscreen from them, NRMA did it for about $300/$400. Local guy did my S14 for $280. Should be much cheaper again for something as common as a Commo at that age.

Agreed DIY will be a massive PITA, just get somebody to do it for you.

Last edited:

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
I think O'briens charge so much because they get a lot of business from insurers. A few years ago was quoted about $700 for a then current model Imprezza windscreen from them, NRMA did it for about $300/$400. Local guy did my S14 for $280. Should be much cheaper again for something as common as a Commo at that age.

Agreed DIY will be a massive PITA, just get somebody to do it for you.

yeah... check with your local auto club. RACV do one screen a year for members ... @ 50% discount
(others after that are 15%)

2 years ago I got the screen on the race car replaced... after discount $110 fitted (bargain)