Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

will VZ SS tail lights fit onto VY S pack?

tuckinvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 3.8L S pack
can it be done? and if so is it a straight swap including the wiring harness just swap connect and go?

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Yes they will, VZ SS and S are the only VZ's that use the shorter tail lights.
VZ Exec acclaim, berlina and Calais all use the larger tail lights, same as VY2 Calais and Berlina.

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
im not sure because i have heard that the holes dont line up because i wanted to put vz ss tail lights on my vy and i was told that the fixture points are different but i havent tried it myself yet

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
im not sure because i have heard that the holes dont line up because i wanted to put vz ss tail lights on my vy and i was told that the fixture points are different but i havent tried it myself yet

the VZ SS lights have 2 plastic noggins that go into holes in your chassis, one at top and one on side.
the VY lights only have one. (some models have two and thats why there is confusion)
this is totally seperate to the 3 screw holes that hold it in. they line up fine.
takes you 1/2 a second to snap the plastic nob off with a pair of pliers and 'budda bing budda bam' your lights fit lol.

with the wiring looms, the same sort of thing happens but the noggins you need to cut out are harder and might hinder how good the bulb is held in, i cannot comment too much as i got the VZ looms included so didnt bother playing around, but if you can get the looms as i think it would be more work than its worth to mod VY looms

best mod ive ever done, cost me a bit, but so worth it.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
^^^ yeah that would be something i would check... cause i know the foglights are different so im thinking the tailights might be too... otherwise it would be a straight swap
imo they vy ss ones look a lot nicer than the vz ones... vz ones look pretty bad actually

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
^^^ yeah that would be something i would check... cause i know the foglights are different so im thinking the tailights might be too... otherwise it would be a straight swap
imo they vy ss ones look a lot nicer than the vz ones... vz ones look pretty bad actually

are you kidding me lol? VY ones are just stock ones with **** tint lol

tuckinvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 3.8L S pack
oh yeah thats good to know, so i should still order them and then can snap off the plastic nobs things and mod it abit to fit, i will try buy one with the wiring loom included.
would anyone know prices?
the vz ss tailight quotes i have gotten range from like 300-600?
whats the go? i dont need genuin holden lights just aftermarket but same looking.

and who ever that was that said the VZ looks **** i dunno what the #### your on but ur an idiot they VY SS looks so **** just having that gay darker tint, the VZ SS lights have style and a certain "mean" look to them well worth getting...

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
well there $325 on ebay (buy it now price and excluding postage)

and there is a sliver vy ss who take the same way to work and its got vz ss tail light and the chrome numberplate surround and it looks really nice and that gave me the idea to do it to mine but i was told it was different but now i might save up for a set and put them on

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
well there $325 on ebay (buy it now price and excluding postage)
you should be able to get a pair that arent original but look identical for around $100-$150

and who ever that was that said the VZ looks **** i dunno what the #### your on but ur an idiot they VY SS looks so **** just having that gay darker tint, the VZ SS lights have style and a certain "mean" look to them well worth getting...
each to their own i geuss but i hate how they have the two little round lights for the indicator and the reversing light(?? i dunno if it is a reversing light im just geussing)... i think holden realised this cause if you look at the ve lights they're similar to the old vy ones