Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

will you buy another holden ?

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
if i get another car in the near future, it will be a Holden :thumbsup: Although, i will be paying for the SS for the next 5 years.....
If my luck continues to get better, especially after i came so freakin close to winning big on Keno last week!! i got 7 numbers (out of 10) and the other 3 were just one off :bang: :bang: :bang: 10 numbers would have got me almost 1.5 mill!! a GTS would be the first thing on the list!!

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
we have this discussion constantly at work.

After working with prestige cars for so long its pretty obvious that you can spend whatever on a Commodore, you can spent 3, 4, 5 times as much hell even the same price as a house on a prestige cars, and at the end of the day the Holden has less wrong with it then the prestige car.

Sure they have their share of issues, but parts are readily available, no waiting minimum of 5 working days for a part to be air freighted from overseas. Aftersales service sucks out loud (holden service) and getting stuff covered under warranty can be a bitch, but theres ways around that

For me personally I will always have the key to a Holden of some description. I'm re-building the HJ which will stay with me for quite some time, even when the time comes to sell the Acclaim and update the daily driver.

So the bottom line, yes, yes I would. wouldnt mind a new-ish ute (VY SS comes to mind) but also wouldnt mind a Clubsport or Caprice, always loved the Clubsports and Caprice :thumbsup:

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
don't know if i will buy another holden.

my vz is already falling apart
things like plastic bits falling off and various other noises that don't seem normal.
the other day i noticed a patch of paint on the side about 5 cm by 3 cm that is literaly bubbled up and ready to peel off and several other smaller areas areas where the paint is also starting to bubble

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
If holden ever make something similar to the liberty or the impreza ie 4cyl turbo then YES i will be buying another, but untill they can start delivering performance without the need for 6.2 Litres i doubt it. The next car you'll see me in is a late model lancer evo or impreza.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
I've only ever owned two cars in my life. Got my first car in '98. Was a 95 VS Exec. Sold it in 2005 with 384,000km's on the clock. All original but needed a new diff. I Replaced that with the '96 VSII Calais (L67). Great car but needs a few jobs done on it. I try to look after my cars so they last.

The beauty of the Commodore, particularly the Ecotec motors, is they are so easy to work on, parts are available everywhere and not that expensive. Money is always tight so the commodore makes a great family car. But, having said that, if money was no issue and I was in the market for a new car I would strongly consider a Toyota Aurion Sportivo (I hear you all laughing), or the TRD Aurion which was the 240kw supercharged version.

So long story short. If I was buying another second hand car I would buy a commie. If I was buying brand new I would go elsewhere.

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual

things like plastic bits falling off and various other noises that don't seem normal.
the other day i noticed a patch of paint on the side about 5 cm by 3 cm that is literaly bubbled up and ready to peel off and several other smaller areas areas where the paint is also starting to bubble

On my ute the paint on the little corner sections above the tail lights just under where the tonneau cover goes is pretty much all flaked off

pedrotski

Big Stato!!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitcroftit.com.au
Members Ride
95 & 96 VS 5L Statos
I have spent 10k on a 5k vs statesman. So i dont think i will be getting rid of this anytime soon.

That said, My next car is going to be a WH Caprice. :) LS1 of course. Beyond that, I cant really say.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450

happens on all cars, i did a service on a 08 subaru liberty wagon today, the drivers door trim was falling apart and had split from the mounts

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
happens on all cars, i did a service on a 08 subaru liberty wagon today, the drivers door trim was falling apart and had split from the mounts

you are right no make or model is perfectly designed

my recently aquired ba has a some dodgy things which i have seen on others of the same year and mileage

electric mirror switch is hanging out the door trim and dosent work

the surround for the auto trans (bit that says d n r p) is all bubbled up andthe factory paint is flecking off

all the chrome has pealed off the side skirt xr8 badges

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I could perhaps see myself in one of the rare LS1 manual execs but that's about it. Otherwise no, too heavy too crapy