Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

will you buy another holden ?

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
Pretty happy with my current little toy (pardon the pun) but yes I would for one simple reason:

Parts.... An engine for the Toyota was $1000 a good nick Rattletec (ecotec) would be half that, probably less.......

Same goes for ford I guess just not a big fan of the blue oval.... plus the missus is still nagging me for a purple VE SS........

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
I would LOVE to get another holden and if, when the time comes, i can find a decent VY or VZ Calais then definatly

However, theres always reality to think about... and the toyota aurion looks pretty good.... also, lately ive really felt the urge to get a 4wd and apart from the adventra, holden dont really offer much else that i like so theres that as well

I've always been a holden man at heart, and i always will be... I just hope i can keep showing that through the car i own

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
you are right no make or model is perfectly designed

my recently aquired ba has a some dodgy things which i have seen on others of the same year and mileage

electric mirror switch is hanging out the door trim and dosent work

the surround for the auto trans (bit that says d n r p) is all bubbled up andthe factory paint is flecking off

all the chrome has pealed off the side skirt xr8 badges

the rubber steering wheels also start to perish aswell after a bit, and they rust a fair bit too, which is really bad

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
After having owned about 15 Holdens, and loving the current one, I see no reason to change. I've tried other makes, even a brand new Mark 5 Golf, but came back to the brand I know and trust.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
i would buy a commodore again but if i had the money id be buying a '69 camaro... one day lol seen em go for 40-50k so im thinkin ill be buyin a commy before that

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
VK? YES
VL? yes for calais
VN? Gotta be a V8 and manual
VP? NO
VR? NO
VS?NO
VT?NO
VX?NO
VY? SS for sure
VZ? ss for sure
VE? no

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
depends, if i go for another 6 it'll be ford turbo, but i'll prob go for an 8 which will be a vz ss or hsv. don't like the crappy feel of the ve dash and the seats are better.

vncruzr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1
Would not buy a new one. Hired a VE calais for 3days with the big banger v6 and it was a bucket of shite...... the plastic was the same as my old grade 6 school chairs and at the end of three days the glove box broke, could not open it, rattle in windscreen, worst cruise control i have ever encounted, and was dragged off by a hyndai...... i have a 2000 nissan maxima ti at home and it cruds all over it in every aspect.