Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will you ever buy another Holden?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I'm the same as Risky, happy to jump into a nice VF once all the people buying them now have moved on to the next big thing. But I reckon I'll keep the Monaro, just makes me smile.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Can you guys tell where you get your crystal balls from that are showing you what Holden will be selling in 2020 and beyond ?

I find it interesting that people have completely written off the brand in terms of new cars when they have no idea what the future holds in the medium to long term.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Can you guys tell where you get your crystal balls from that are showing you what Holden will be selling in 2020 and beyond ?

I find it interesting that people have completely written off the brand in terms of new cars when they have no idea what the future holds in the medium to long term.

I agree VS 5.0, we might be surprised.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I think that the major sticking point is the imported, large FWD, 4 cyl replacement “Commodore”. It will be no different to any other import, whether Japanese, Korean, Ford from wherever, French, Italian, blah blah..........
Come 2018, Holden will have lost its ‘Australian’ accent, and that is the big disappointment..
The original Commodore was not a replacement for the Kingswood, but at least it was screwed together by Aussies, and it took until the VN before I bought one.
I have had 3 “Euro” Holdens, a Frontera which was trouble from the start, and 2 (Corsa) Barinas, and all three were plagued with electrical problems that Holden had no idea about.

Brabham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrate VF2 SSVR
Let's just wind back to 1978...
If we had the internet, forums, and social media back then, we'd be reading the exact same thing!
This is exactly what people said back when this 'piece of crap' European designed car was released.
Funnily enough, here we all are today... driving a Commodore! ;)

Equally, had we had the same level of competition back then I doubt it would have survived!

My Holden is 3 days old and has less than 200k's on it. I love it. But it will most likely be my last.

The only reason I have it is because it is a rear wheel drive V8. Without that, it wouldn't have been considered.

But, each to their own.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Im 99% sure that the my17 Redline will be my last ever new Holden. The only other vehicle in the range that interests me is the new Colorado,
so I would consider one if I ever needed a ute.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6

Apart from commodore Holden hasn't had anything in line up in last 10yrs worth buying.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
That may well be so but doesn't answer my question though.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Apart from commodore Holden hasn't had anything in line up in last 10yrs worth buying.
Yes, but that's because they stopped selling Opel and started selling Daewoo instead.
Now they're going back to Opel, there could easily be stuff worth buying again.
My ex-workmate's Opel Astra OPC is a pretty nice car in that segment. It probably doesn't beat a same-age Golf GTI as an all-rounder (although it'd smash one in the traffic-light drag), but it's still a decent car if you don't want to be driving a Golf GTI like every 2nd driver on the road.

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
That may well be so but doesn't answer my question though.
Well owning 3 VF's tells me Holden's build quality leaves a lot to be desired, and by all accounts there imported cars are not much better. And secondly, why put all your eggs into the 1 basket?