Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will ZB be the end of GM in Australia

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
That depends on how much that 7 year warranty ends up costing them. Warranty on new cars cost money. If you don't keep paying dealer service charges, you won't keep that warranty
Huh??...it is a 7 yr factory warranty isn’t it? & to my knowledge the laws haven’t changed. So long as it is serviced within the period stated in the manual and by any qualified mechanic, the warranty has to be honoured....all the more-so now that the ACCC has caught up with a lot of these car companies.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
We have factory five year warranty and as long as our local mech uses genuine parts we are ok.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Huh??...it is a 7 yr factory warranty isn’t it? & to my knowledge the laws haven’t changed. So long as it is serviced within the period stated in the manual and by any qualified mechanic, the warranty has to be honoured....all the more-so now that the ACCC has caught up with a lot of these car companies.
That's correct, although Holden added a 'sweetener'.
If you continue servicing with your Holden dealer, you get 3 years 'roadside assist'.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Saw my first ad tonight promoting the ZB. 6.30 in the eve which is expensive air time. GMH might be making a last ditch effort to move stock.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Saw my first ad tonight promoting the ZB. 6.30 in the eve which is expensive air time. GMH might be making a last ditch effort to move stock.
I’m sitting here in front of the tellie & just about to reply that we have had the ads for a number of weeks in Bris, low & behold a new ad just now showing the ZB tourer & calling it the ‘Columbus...for the modern explorer’.

BTW, saw my first ZB coming the opposite way yesterday...white & seemed to be base model. Funnily, a few hours earlier I mistook the grille of a Mazda6 for a ZB and then when I’m thinking another Mazda, it was the ZB....very similar from dead front on.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Crap day today seen 4 of them Adelaide to Bendigo drive, 1 in Adelaide(wagon) and 3 sedans on the road hire cars???

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Crap day today seen 4 of them Adelaide to Bendigo drive, 1 in Adelaide(wagon) and 3 sedans on the road hire cars???
I saw one a couple of weeks ago in Sydney. Although I wasn't sure at first since it looked like a Mazda. Add that to the four you saw and the one Holden17 saw in Qld - thats 6 on the road in Australia. Mind you, had I seen the advert on TV that would raise the total number to a few more.

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
Saw 6 Stingers this week while driving to and from work on the Central Coast.
2 white (opposite ends of coast so unlikely same car) a maroon/red, blue, yellow, and grey.
I'd only seen 2 in the last 6 months before that.

uz3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Saw a ZB RS yesterday. To be honest - apart from the wheels (anything under 19" looks cheap and nasty to me)- I didnt mind the look of it.

It prompted me to do a bit of research on the ZB - I think I watched and read about 10 different reviews online. I know Im going to get shut down here but as a person that likes comfort, looks and features over raw power - I think the ZB has got potential. I've owned V6 VE and VF Calais and I see no reason why I wouldnt upgrade to the ZB if the price was right.

I think GM's approach to updating and supporting their GPS/Nav/infotainment systems is a problem 10 times bigger than not having a V8 made in Aus but thats just me.

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot

I think I have seen more ads for the new Commodore in the last 24 hours than I have seen in total over the last 5 years.

It's a real blitzkrieg from the General.