Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will ZB be the end of GM in Australia

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Saw my first ad last night...Mrs exclaims, oh is that our new car....what is it ?

I said nothing until the end.....she see's Commodore and walks away.

ausmac91

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Maloo
I saw a ZB Calais this morning. I could tell it was a Calais by the badge. Rear looks ok in isolation.... But i have to say it seems pretty typical of most reaction I hear. I don't think anyone really says its 'ugly'. It just blends in with the crowd. I was driving very close to a dealer though, so whether it was actually a private buyer no idea. I guess they can sell anything to anyone really, by finding the price people are prepared to pay. Don't think it'll worry VFACTS too much tho..

Did read i think SAPOL are picking them up (maybe in this thread or Twitter, don't remember)? Should move a few anyway...

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I’m sitting here in front of the tellie & just about to reply that we have had the ads for a number of weeks in Bris, low & behold a new ad just now showing the ZB tourer & calling it the ‘Columbus...for the modern explorer’.

Just saw that TV advert.
Holden should do their research into Australian history before they make such bold advertising statements ……. Burke and Wills, really. Dear me, how I laughed at that ……………….

The Burke and Wills expedition was badly organised at huge expense by bureaucrats in Melbourne, with no knowledge of Australian conditions..
Robert Burke was an indecisive leader with no bush skills, and no sense of direction.
William Wills, at least was able to work out where he was, but also had no bush skills, and followed Burke without question.
They did not reach their planned destination, and failed to complete the return journey, dying in the process.
They upset the local population of the time, who offered their advice, by their arrogant and condescending attitudes.
Five other members of the expedition were fatal casualties, with many others barely surviving.

But, then again, perhaps the advert is pretty much on target for Holden.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Well then buying a ZB is Financial Suicide if Burke & Wills are the precursors.

For ausmac91,
you read it further back in this thread about SAPOL picking up the ZB's

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I think I have seen more ads for the new Commodore in the last 24 hours than I have seen in total over the last 5 years.

I'll second that statement.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Interesting thread.

Looks like Holden is going the Oldsmobile and Pontiac path, all badge engineering. Takes decades to build a brand, few years too kill it.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
767BD160-D715-4A5F-8A22-3A0BC7F6A014.jpeg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hahahaha love it Monstar :):)

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
Btw I hate dissing on Holden almost as much as changing the cat litter box. It’s pretty sad really.

Seen a handful on the road now.

They kinda got that homogenised 5 door hatchback look about them where it’s hard to tell who makes it.

They need to make a sexy nice powered car sub 60k. Yeah they have one in comaro but 90k? Really. When the new updated mustang is less than 70k.

Hope it turns around. Look what ford done to the mustang in the 70s and it’s taken to 2010ish to have a 1/2 reasonable one. Problem is in 50 yrs time I’ll be off somewhere soiling myself deliberately so the pretty nurses can clean it up rather than purchasing cars.