Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will ZB be the end of GM in Australia

ausmac91

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Maloo
Don't know about others, but to me i have to picture a car in my drive and think 'yeah baby'. It isn't just about equipment and tech. It CAN be about grunt. But i need that thing that makes your balls tingle when you see it. ZB misfires for too many people.

I'm convinced ZB is probably a bloody good car. But it isn't a complete enough package to stand out with a ton of competition in its shrinking segment. I'm going to say it, but after many years of anonymity, even the new Camry, FFS, has added a little visual appeal in it's latest iteration (a fancier fridge). GM could've flexed their imagination a tad more courageously.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Don't know about others, but to me i have to picture a car in my drive and think 'yeah baby'.

If you don't look back at your car as you walk away, you bought the wrong car.

dah_man_ben

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Mazda 6
Totally agree on quality - no one wants a rattling, thin feeling sh*tbox but I haven't heard reports that the ZB is like this (correct me if Im wrong).

Mate I loaned one from Holden the other day - can confirm a rattling sh**box. Would take the Mrs Mazda 6 any day over it.

Having said that, yesterday I had a bloke come into work with a brand new VXR. Reckons the best car he’s ever owned, absolutely loves it. Upon asking his last car... EF Fairmont... definitely an improvement for him.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Drove Bendigo Adelaide today seen one red one, but did see about 6 car trucks heading east from Adelaide empty they should have Holden's on them but it's all to late.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Mate I loaned one from Holden the other day - can confirm a rattling sh**box. Would take the Mrs Mazda 6 any day over it.

Having said that, yesterday I had a bloke come into work with a brand new VXR. Reckons the best car he’s ever owned, absolutely loves it. Upon asking his last car... EF Fairmont... definitely an improvement for him.

I had an EF Futura...... What a HOS, within three months the drivers reg went and then within 9 months the head was leaking after that all five actuators went along with the lift gate handle mech. The head came off twice and needed to come off a third time. Cost me $13k plus interest on time payment..... Sold it for 500 bucks a few years later because I was sick of the POS and wanted a quick sale.... Fairmont might have been ok IMO. Some of them had red top engines, which is what I should have dropped in mine instead of rebuilding the POS grey top that had obviously been cooked before they traded it..... Either that or it was very poor buying from the bloke who sources used cars at auctions for the dealership who sold it to me....

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
If you don't look back at your car as you walk away, you bought the wrong car.

Very true.

At this point gives me impression the ZB is like a brand new Broom. They all sweep really good when they are new. Time will tell if is a Boom or a Dud.

dah_man_ben

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Mazda 6
I own a Carwash... You know there is an issue when I wash more Ferrari’s than ZB commodores (absolutely true).

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Hey, if you can afford a Ferrari, you can afford to pay someone to wash it ;-)

uz3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V

You’re the first I’ve heard say that. I think I’m going to go try test drive one in the next week or so to suss it myself.

Last edited:

uz3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Here’s some with a couple of tweaks - They look alright to me
oh7ZArW.jpg

FF5xXL3.jpg