Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will ZB be the end of GM in Australia

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Wasn't it in the media a while back that GMH wanted to appeal to homosexual's, lesbians, and transgender people, where at the time apparently they weren't??

ausmac91

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Maloo
Dear Holden, you have been and remain a provider of 'cars for the masses', as does GM your parent company also, thought arguably you are now GM and Holden is a ghost. So to publicly state that your image derived from a perceived image of your buyers real or not of "An uncultured and unsophisticated person; a boorish and uncouth person" is ok? Effectively you want to get cultured, sophisticated and i can't even respond to the latter.... It's unfortunate that Aussies love to find other Aussies to stand on to make them feel good about themselves and their own choices.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Dear Holden, you have been and remain a provider of 'cars for the masses', as does GM your parent company also, thought arguably you are now GM and Holden is a ghost. So to publicly state that your image derived from a perceived image of your buyers real or not of "An uncultured and unsophisticated person; a boorish and uncouth person" is ok? Effectively you want to get cultured, sophisticated and i can't even respond to the latter.... It's unfortunate that Aussies love to find other Aussies to stand on to make them feel good about themselves and their own choices.

never look down.jpg

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Guys - all my cars have been Holdens, from Torana to VN, VT, to VE to VF. Im a bogan to the world, you're bogans to the world - its just the way it is and Holden want to try and change that.

They are well on track to change that, because us bogans (and others of all sexes and preferences, and ethnic groups) are not buying their product.
When were bogans created, as Holdens ( and Falcons) used to be the 'family' and 'work' car of choice.

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
The irony of some responses is quite funny. To the effect of 'all my mates drive commodores and we dont call each other bogans'.

Yes, we know. That unspoken subtle nod .... o_O Yes that one LoL

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
my cars have included Holdens, from Torana to VT, VX,

and after driving the VL with that (smooth at the time) Nissan engine and gearbox, I realised that it was time to broaden our horizons to the Nissan and Toyota options.

FWIW, the Nissan and Toyota are sitting idle in the driveway because they are too annoying to DIY little issues, compared to ease of DIY fixing the VT and VX.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I thought it was here:

But maybe it was here?

Thanks. So Holden drivers in the BC years ( Before Commodore ) were respectable, but transformed into bogans when updating from Kingswoods.
( I love these mass debating threads.)

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
Commodore owners aren’t bogans. They are distinguished ladies and gentlemen. It’s stereotyping at its best. It’s like saying all men that hold hands and have poo in their mustaches are gay.

uz3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Commodore owners aren’t bogans. They are distinguished ladies and gentlemen. It’s stereotyping at its best. It’s like saying all men that hold hands and have poo in their mustaches are gay.

That gave me a good laugh