Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will ZB be the end of GM in Australia

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Commodore owners aren’t bogans. They are distinguished ladies and gentlemen.

Correct me if I misheard this, but there might be a new term for the ladies. ... WOgans? and I heard it from ladies so I think it is the ladies who want to 'distinguish' themselves from the gentlemen.

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Thinking about how the Commodore has become the choice of the "bogan" seems to have stemmed from the show Housos.

Then again, I reckon a saw a EF/EL Falcon in one of there shows too, so we can say they are the choice of bogans too.

There is also a song out about being a bogan....can't remember the artist, nor title of it.....The only catch is, you need a VK Commodore to actually be classified as a proper bogan.

So I reckon the rest of us non-VK Commodore owners should be exempt from being classified as Bogans

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
There is one Holden that's much harder to find on the road and that's the Malibu. When did anybody last see one of them? Their total sales number would be interesting.

Me me me! I saw it today! I always knew they sold one - it was only a matter of time before somebody actually saw it in the wild :)

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Years ago all of Holden's brochures on utes had hay bales etc. pictured in the tray, but then they realised that most young blokes couldn't afford a Monaro when they were reintroduced, so the easy 2 door option was to spice up the humble work horse and slot a V8 into it and hey presto an instant go fast machine that looked cool.

If you look back at what the market was doing the VS only had a 6 Cylinder "S Pack" as a model, with the V8 only being an optional upgrade and no SS in the utility line up. The sports type of styling was brought in with the introduction of the VU during VT and VX production, coincidentally around the same time as Monaro was reincarnated.

It was never designed to be hauling 44 Gallon Drums or pallets, that market was re-allocated to the Cab Chassis format (1 Tonner) which is what all the Japanese style utes were doing and who originally stole that highly practical market from both Holden and Ford that had the outdated style body ute trays.

WTF??? I can assure you there was a VS SS ute. You might want to research that claim a little more.

Last edited:

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
WTF??? I can assure you there was a VS SS ute. You might want to research that claim a little more.

must be thinking about FORD.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
The highest standard ute package was the "S Pack" and that was Ecotech powered. The V8 was always an optional extra, but there was a limited edition of 300 V8 utes released in Series III, but they were never badged up as an SS. That sticker was only ever placed on the Sedan variant vehicle at that time.

I have all the major VS sales Brochures and see no SS ute exists whatsoever with the range.

I feel SS utes first debuted as a VU which was at the very tail end of VT production and is effectively a VT but given a new prefix as it was a re-entry into the market during an existing model run replacing the Series III VS, it was just in time for the launch of the VX across the range.
The same way as VG was a re-entry towards the end of VN production in 1990.

VU-Commodore-SS-Ute-1.jpg

Last edited:

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim

Can you please supply some credible proof of the above statement ?

And wow how did we get so off track when this thread is about the ZB and not utes !!

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
I remember seeing the SS ute in a Holden brochure in 1998. Even seen them out and about too.