Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will ZB be the end of GM in Australia

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Well looky here......

Attachments

• SS ute Brochure.jpg
    SS ute Brochure.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 232

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
wrong  post.jpg

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Well I'm happy to be wrong, those were the 300 V8 utes that I mentioned earlier and yes it seems that they carried the SS nameplate which I didn't recall, but it wasn't a generally publicised model as was the "S Pack". It wasn't until VU/X that the SS was a standard run model and continued until the end of Elizabeth production.

Yes Losh1971, I love that cartoon as it's so relevant. Has anyone ever been wrong on the internet ? Ask the Donald ?

Last edited:

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I went to buy a second hand VS SS Ute but pulled the pin because it wasn't as clean as advertised.
At the time I knew I guy who worked at Holden and remember him telling me they were quite a handful with the 5lt.

uz3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Can we agree to get this back onto the ZB?

I know nothing but I reckon the ZB will be a moderate success if Holden gets the price and warranty right. If they don’t, this will be the last Commodore in history.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
must be thinking about FORD.

Don't ever recall an Aus Ford SS anything but don't claim that as fact. There was however a VS SS Ute and those so called authorities that claim otherwise might want to do a little research. SL/ENUT and VS 5.0 are on the money.

Can you please supply some credible proof of the above statement ?

And wow how did we get so off track when this thread is about the ZB and not utes !!

Dunno. Just responding to your uninformed post on the subject. I'd have thought a "vs-lover" would know such a thing but apparently not :)

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
The highest standard ute package was the "S Pack" and that was Ecotech powered. The V8 was always an optional extra, but there was a limited edition of 300 V8 utes released in Series III, but they were never badged up as an SS. That sticker was only ever placed on the Sedan variant vehicle at that time.

I have all the VS sales Brochures and can assure no SS ute exists whatsoever with the range.

SS utes first debuted as a VU which was at the very tail end of VT production and is effectively a VT but given a new prefix as it was a re-entry into the market during an existing model run replacing the Series III VS, it was just in time for the launch of the VX across the range.
The same way as VG was a re-entry towards the end of VN production in 1990.

VU-Commodore-SS-Ute-1.jpg

Just STOP embarrassing yourself now.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Wow ! Sometimes I really wonder.

BTW Thanks "VC Commodore" and also "losh1971" for your support. Politeness doesn't seem to be in some people's strong points.

Last edited: