Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will ZB be the end of GM in Australia

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Wow ! Sometimes I really wonder.

BTW Thanks "VC Commodore" and also "losh1971" for your support. Politeness doesn't seem to be in some people's strong points.

No need for thanks....Some people don't read through to the end of the postings, before commenting

dah_man_ben

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Mazda 6
No wonder why so many people think Holden imports are crap. Have a look at this list. Sh**box after sh**box. ZB might be OK, but based on previous Holden imports - the perception is already set in stone. GMs wondering why Holden sales are slipping so much - maybe because the only real Holden has been retired; now and prior to that, the rest of the lineup dealers are being forced to sell are some of the worst cars in Australia.

https://drivetribe.com/p/top-10-car...B1W9QvadA2olRDvPug?iid=akan7-LcR-i_S6f00q9ctA

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The above post confirms what i pretty much knew about a number of our shtty imports.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
the rest of the lineup dealers are being forced to sell are some of the worst cars in Australia.

Don't you mean the World ? How GM are still afloat after the US Government bailed them out beats me. Honestly they should've been cut loose back then, then we wouldn't be having this conversation in the first place would we ?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Don't you mean the World ? How GM are still afloat after the US Government bailed them out beats me. Honestly they should've been cut loose back then, then we wouldn't be having this conversation in the first place would we ?

We wouldn't have a lot of V8 RWD cars either.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
My issue is that they just keep on making the same dumb mistakes, Fools make mistakes and learn from them, idiots just keep on making the same mistakes...............................................so what category does that put GM in ?

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT

Some say.... GM and Chrysler were fine. They cooked the books and went for a Gov Freebie. Is alledged, that part of that money went to the Union/s as payback for their Presidential (deamoncrats) campaign contributions.

Yeah, GM was so broke, the CEO hopped on the corp private jet and went to DC to beg for cash.

As far the banks... that is another story not suited for the thread.

BTW, the link about the worse cars. I beg the difference with the new Colorado. I own the V6, for the price and what is capable, is a fantastic vehicle. Is NOT an oil burner, the 3.6 LFX engine is light years away from the previous version.

dah_man_ben

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Mazda 6

Yep absolutely - the world, although we are talking about GMs presence in AUS here.

BTW, the link about the worse cars. I beg the difference with the new Colorado. I own the V6, for the price and what is capable, is a fantastic vehicle. Is NOT an oil burner, the 3.6 LFX engine is light years away from the previous version.

Maybe new model is better? I dunno - all I know is that most people I know refer to imported Holdens as Daewoos

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
Maybe new model is better? I dunno - all I know is that most people I know refer to imported Holdens as Daewoos

Don't you mean "Rodeo" as that's what the Colorado is. It's just that Holden are not allowed to use the name as it belongs to Izusu which is no longer a GM company and makes the Colorado for Holden and also as a Chevrolet for GM USA.

Anyway back to ZB...........................................

Starting to see quite a few sitting in company car parks which confirms what I've thought and that is companies are buying them regardless as they don't ever intend on keeping them much more than 18 months to 2 years after they've rorted money back from the ATO in depreciation which will be huge.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
The Colorado is assembled in St Louis MO, as far the one that I own. Components... that is up for debate.