Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will ZB be the end of GM in Australia

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Racing is Racing, I will watch the Supercars, still some good competition.

In the US, the 2nd tier NASCAR series, they are using already the Camaro and Mustang. After the SS/VF was discontinued, the Camaro took place on the premier series. Is kind of odd to see a Sports Car on the track. NASCAR races should be an American Made Midsize car. Now they have Toyota Camry (USA build), Ford is done with cars, so Mustang will be next. The Truck Series, has the lowest viewership, most stands are empty, nobody cares much for them.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Racing is Racing, I will watch the Supercars, still some good competition.

In the US, the 2nd tier NASCAR series, they are using already the Camaro and Mustang. After the SS/VF was discontinued, the Camaro took place on the premier series. Is kind of odd to see a Sports Car on the track. NASCAR races should be an American Made Midsize car. Now they have Toyota Camry (USA build), Ford is done with cars, so Mustang will be next. The Truck Series, has the lowest viewership, most stands are empty, nobody cares much for them.
But have you seen the so-called Mustang unveiled this week?? Back in the day the ugly AU Ford improved out of sight in race trim whereas this is the complete opposite..a good looking car totally destroyed. I know looks isn’t everything (hopefully the sound will remain?) but as you say, yeah racing is racing and I expect I’ll probably still want to follow the personalities and close racing.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Saw it, I am subcribed to the Supercar's series news letter. Is ok with me, regulations dictate on what the teams can do. It is what it is.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Saw it, I am subcribed to the Supercar's series news letter. Is ok with me, regulations dictate on what the teams can do. It is what it is.
...well, I guess if you guys can watch Camrys going around :p
Cheers for the feedback Skydrol....I’ll do my best to remain optimistic on the supercar front. Those superutes though looked slow and clumsy climbing the mountain on TV so I expect the crowd response can be expected to be similar to your Truck series over there.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Actually, who could have forseen the situation Holden finds itself in now? I'll bet they didn't. They knew that closing local production would hurt sales, but remember them telling us about 24 new models that were coming. How have they gone?

I know it's a retorical question but the answer is near all involved in the industry along with 99.9% of people with anything more than a passing interest.

Umm, next question. Who could have imagined that just before the new imported Commodore was released, GM would flog off Opel to a French company,

In fairness, not many outside the highest levels of management in either GM or PSA. Holden and their product planning department sure as **** didn't know about it.

who really don't want to build the car? Astra? Discounted heavily. Barina? Gone. Equinox? Ho hum. Trailblazer? Zzz. Only the Colorado sells in real numbers, but trails the field compared to the main players. Arcadia? Well, it's a good vehicle to get out of with your trendy friends apparently. No idea what it's like to drive. After years of making bad decisions one after the other, the chickens are coming home to roost.

Commodore and Astra are gone - they are running at less than 20% of volume projections. It's highly, highly unlikely we will see a MY20 of either.

Colorado I just don't understand. I test drove the *entire* market offerings aside from Triton last year and found it the best of the lot. The only spec missing was a rear diff lock. I don't understand the Hilux popularity despite some huge flaws and the Ranger IMO is simply over priced for what you actually get.

The rest of the Holden range is good compared to their peers but nothing is outstanding and I don't see anything digging them out of this hole.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Reap

I think Hilux trades on Toyota "bulletproof" reputation and retained values, even though it has been found wanting over recent years. Ranger's success is based on lots of favourable reports in the media and power in the diesel models, I think. Colorado, no m atter how good, will always suffer because of Holden's lower quality and the company's turmoil and uncertain future.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
I own a Colorado and after 52,000 miles, not a single issue. Tow my caravan all over the place the V6 is a strong motor, pull with the caravan over 13,000 ft. Fuel economy is a hair better than my V8 VE. Still running on the original tyres and the dealer charges me $45 for Syn oil changes + tyre rotation. Bought it in 2015 (2016 model) for $28,600 2WD, G80 Dif Locker/Towing Package, LT Convinience Package.

As far quality? Still tight, nothing rattles, seats in almost new conditions (I wish they were more comfy).

Honestly, I have nothing bad to say.

One thing about Direct Injection.
These engines gums up the Intake Valve. Why that is? Is the PCV, oil vapors get in the intake and deposit on the valves. Injectors located at the ports, clean the valves (gasoline is a solvent). Not in this case. Now the newer engines has Port and Direct Injection to better use the best of both worlds. Learn that not long ago and going to use my borescope to look inside the intake to see how it looks. Also heard that was the drama on the earlier LFX V6s and somehow fixed on the latest mfg run.

Bought me a can of CRC Valve and Turbo Cleaner, reviews says that is the best one in the market, will see. Just waiting for the weather to warm up, damn Global Warming us giving us Freeze Burn!

crc_05319downWhiteCan_highres.jpg

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Colorado I just don't understand. I test drove the *entire* market offerings aside from Triton last year and found it the best of the lot. The only spec missing was a rear diff lock. I don't understand the Hilux popularity despite some huge flaws and the Ranger IMO is simply over priced for what you actually get.
I find the Colorado very average, ranger much nicer drive, agree the price is high and hilux really overated