Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will ZB be the end of GM in Australia

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Skydrol said ......….I own a Colorado and after 52,000 miles, not a single issue. Tow my caravan all over the place the V6 is a strong motor, pull with the caravan over 13,000 ft. Fuel economy is a hair better than my V8 VE. Still running on the original tyres and the dealer charges me $45 for Syn oil changes + tyre rotation. Bought it in 2015 (2016 model) for $28,600 2WD, G80 Dif Locker/Towing Package, LT Convinience Package.

We don't get the option of a V6 petrol engine, (or much else) as I have commented on before.
The Thai Colorado and US Colorado is like comparing a packet of Smith's Chips to a tube of Pringles........... both are called crisps, both look the same, but despite the price, one is cheap and nasty.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I find the Colorado very average, ranger much nicer drive, agree the price is high and hilux really overated

Completely disagree regarding driving the Ranger. Wasn't bad but I didn't find it overly great either. Had a harshness at moderate acceleration which the sales guy said was normal.

Hackney

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 GT Mustang,2019 Honda CR-V VTI LX AWD.
Completely disagree regarding driving the Ranger. Wasn't bad but I didn't find it overly great either. Had a harshness at moderate acceleration which the sales guy said was normal.
It is with out a doubt the best in it’s category(Ranger).Hilux trades on Toyota’s reputation.Fantastic marketing genius from Toyota.Can never see Ranger catching Hilux.:):):)

Last edited:

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
It is with out a doubt the best in it’s category(Ranger).Hilux trades on Toyota’s reputation.Fantastic marketing genius from Toyota.Can never see Ranger catching Hilux.:):):)
Apart from the PDF white smoke cloud and the 2.8 really not having enough guts in 6th. Anyway love my 6.2 vf2 ss

Hackney

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 GT Mustang,2019 Honda CR-V VTI LX AWD.
That will not be a problem for Toyota,it will not dent their sales one iota!The issue will get resolved,you can be assured of that.:):)

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
That will not be a problem for Toyota,it will not dent their sales one iota!The issue will get resolved,you can be assured of that.:):)

TBH i'm not so sure on that happening any time soon. It's been a problem ever since they started with DPF's and to date other than replace and hope Toyota have nfi how to fix it. This has been acknowledged in the media, well known from within the trade and even has been privately told to me from somebody reasonably high up in the Toyota Australia mother ship food chain.

Early DPF Rangers were a problem too as it was at the bottom of the engine and a few went into burn mode with the car parked on long grass causing a fire and burning the car to the ground :). I think there was a recall or service fix for this and there shouldn't be too many left.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
That is a comon issue to be happening on Fords for a very long time (decades). Traced to their Catalytic Converters. For some reason, they seem to run very hot.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
My local Holden dealership is transitioning into a Hyundai dealership.