Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Willipede's 1996 VS V6 Ute

Willipede

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs v6 S pac Ute
I chose to do the throttle body as I had a chat to the1 about a tune and he recommended a bigger throttle body, a mace cai and an exhaust system as good mods on a budget.
The reason I chose the throttle body first was just because of chance, although I can say it has made a decent improvement to throttle response and it is noticeable for what it is and definitely not a placebo.

Last edited:

Willipede

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs v6 S pac Ute
Update: Picked up some fresh 18's today, they have a bit of rash I plan on trying to touch them up with a bit of white knight super chrome spray paint and hopefully it will disguise the rash.

They are 18x8 I don't know the offset and my ute is currently at the stock height does anyone know if they will scrub with low springs or fe2 if I can get some for live axle

Willipede

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs v6 S pac Ute
Mod wishlist - keeping this as more of a record for myself so I don't forget things if I get the time or spare cash:
SS front lip & foglights
Low or Super low springs ect.
Window tint (not sure which yet)
Elec aerial
Replace bushes with polyurethane
Ve brake upgrade - (possibly in the future/ when my rotors and pads need replacing)
L67 motor & box swap (preferably out of a vx or something newer than the vs)
New carpet
Statesman interior

JCL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Ute
Thats a pretty good list, mine is pretty similar.

Superlow springs with poly bushes will be a very harsh ride. I have Pedders Sports ryder on the front of mine and im looking at what I can do to improve how harsh it is over any imperfections in the road. It becomes pretty annoying.

Statesman seats and door cards are pretty cheap - ive seen them go for $100 pretty regularly on ebay. The dash is a lot more if you are looking to do that.

Willipede

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs v6 S pac Ute
Might be getting a vs olympic edition v8 ute when I build up the funds and will be using my emotec as my daily and the 5l as a weekend warrior

Willipede

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs v6 S pac Ute
Thats a pretty good list, mine is pretty similar.

Superlow springs with poly bushes will be a very harsh ride. I have Pedders Sports ryder on the front of mine and im looking at what I can do to improve how harsh it is over any imperfections in the road. It becomes pretty annoying.

Statesman seats and door cards are pretty cheap - ive seen them go for $100 pretty regularly on ebay. The dash is a lot more if you are looking to do that.

I've decided against lowering it and changing to poly bushes and other things as I've now got new plans and need to save some $$$

Willipede

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs v6 S pac Ute
Update: The ute has a bit of an overhaul,

L67 top end swap onto my ecotec with ARP headstuds, MLS cometic headgaskets, aluminium intake gaskets. 87mm pulley and mace hub with fresh charger oil and hd coupler

Just finished installing a 2.5lt surge tank with external pump