Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Willipede's 1996 VS V6 Ute

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Looks like you've done some good work there.

Keep your eye out for interiors coded 25i (SS, Calais, BT1 etc) so you can grab the door cards to match your dash.

Willipede

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs v6 S pac Ute
A quick update-

*Gave her a cut and buff
*Got some pioneer ds-550a tweeters given to me and have some passive crossovers on the way
*Bought some new door speakers - Pioneer ts-g1645r waiting until I get the crossovers before I install it all
*Got 14.66L/100km on my last tank in town traffic
*Acquired a dent in my tailgate
*Put headlight covers on it off of a vr acclaim
*Put front mudflaps on it

If anyones got any things I should look for to lower my fuel economy that would be great, I've done the basics o2 sensors, checked breather lines and fuel lines, checked fuel pressure regulator vacuum line for fuel smell to no avail.

C B

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY II Storm Ute
If anyones got any things I should look for to lower my fuel economy that would be great, I've done the basics o2 sensors, checked breather lines and fuel lines, checked fuel pressure regulator vacuum line for fuel smell to no avail.
A new air cleaner element would also help...
And maybe remove plenum and give it good degrease and clean (remove top to see if lots of crap has built up inside...)

Willipede

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs v6 S pac Ute
Update:
New reco air filter

And cleaned the Plenum it had a fair bit of crap built up on it. I just used some supercheap carbie cleaner on it and idling much smoother, we will see if this makes a difference to fuel economy much

Willipede

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs v6 S pac Ute
Update:

Pioneer - ts-g1645r in the doors, which are between 6 and 6.5 inches and just fit if I bent the mounting brackets around the edges that weren't needed.
Pioneer - ds-550a tweeters in the factory position
Crossovers installed under glove box area and in drivers side fuse panel area under steering wheel
Sound deadening on outer and inner door skins

14.97L/ 100km on my last tank

boingk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute, VR Wagon
Looking good mate. That fuel economy isn't bad if its all around town. Try an engine oil flush on your next change plus some Nulon full synthetic oil and PTFE additive. Usually works alright for smoothness and economy.

Tyre pressure will want to be about 34-36psi as well for maximum economy.

Also try seeing how your diff oil is. Big chance its never been changed.

Cheers - boingk

Willipede

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs v6 S pac Ute
Cheers boingk, I will check my tyre pressure when I fill up next

My fuel economy is getting worse got 15.3l/100km last fill up, I also noticed my thermo fans weren't kicking on and I've pinned it down to the coolant temp sensor, Bought one for $27 and now it's on the to-do list to change

I also gave my plenum cover a quick polish spent about 45 minutes on it and i'm happy with how it turned out for the amount of time I spent doing it, I'll post a pic soonish

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
Furk was pretty mint when u got her ;) How the hell does someone let a steering wheel get that bad? Cleaned up nice mate just in the process of fixing up my interior. The sound deadening on the doors makes a big difference did my one a while ago. Whilst u have trims off not a bad idea to give window tracks a bit of a lube up, i used a special lube and made windows slide so much nicer

Willipede

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs v6 S pac Ute
I have no idea how the steering wheel got so bad and thanks. I feel like the sound deadening does help but I put new speakers in at the same time so I'm not exactly sure how much of a difference it was, and yeah I completely forgot about the window tracks which do need to be greased up but I could not be rooted to take all the door trims off again just for that.